BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anone been hitting the mouth of the cap for any early coho that might be lingering just wondering they must be getting ready was pulling them out of the river in early may last year .

·
Registered
770 Posts
The earliest any kinda of Coho fishing has been available has been the 3rd week of June if we're lucky in the Chuck.

Anyone targetting Coho prior to June 1, I think may be crazy.... I think Coho opens to 2 hatchery fish per day after June 1?

That's a long time away...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Back when the Coho fishing in the straight was still great, I usually picked up my first coho in the harbour in early May. That was going back a ways now though. I usually find the most reliable time to try these days is around the first week of July. Totaly hit and miss before then (usually miss).

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Guys

I am doing some work up at Capilano hatchery tomorrow and I will see if they have any Coho coming in yet and when they expect them to start.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny thing that. I've heard of guys picking them up in the river as early as April. I myself a number of years ago did fairly well in early May. With the fish in the river at these times its funny you don't see or here of them bieng caught in the salt.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Guys

Well I spent the day at Capilano hatchery today, and there has been no sign of any Coho yet. They said that they don't expect them until about mid May with any regularity. But there was a very nice 7 or 8 pound hatchery buck steely sitting in the fish ladder. Apparently they have been pleasantly surprised by the number of returning Steelhead so far this year.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Few days a go I was watching the news (CBC I think) and report from the Capilano hatchery. Only one female return from this year summer run steelhead, only one!
Obviously, they have to do something A.S.A.P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.