BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
So many people are up in arms about the tax, but it is only 2 cents a litre. The price did not go from 1 dollar to 1 dollar and fifty cents just because of this tax and many people seem to think that is the case. I for one think it is a great idea to create a disincentive to use fossil fuels and to provide offsetting incentives to work elsewhere. If only the government could use the same foresight with our salmon stocks

· Registered
45 Posts
Its not the last two cents that I care about - its the exponential growth in prices over the last few years!

I don't care if i put recycled cowsh*t in my car, as long as it goes, but i'm not a crazy inventor who can design that kind of thing- private enterprise, with government assistance if needed needs to step up and create a solution.

[attachment deleted by admin]

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That chart really puts it into perspective. If the chart were to continue we are looking at paying 5 bucks a liter by this time next year!! Good thing I drive a truck with 5.7 V8! Gonna have to sell it and buy a smart car......

· Registered
183 Posts
if everyone sells their trucks...who is gonna buy them? what are they gonna be worth? I drive an 07 tundra and love it!!! but like any V8 it likes the taste of gas!! Likely it will just sit in my driveway if the gas prices hit that much 'cuz no one is going to want it.....not to mention the fishing rods will be collecting a lot of dust.....Iran fires off a few missiles and gas goes up....even though it dropped $5 a barrel???? I am not going to let it change my life (well not yet) just means fewer dinners out etc, more overtime at work, and smarter driving habits!

· Registered
33 Posts
Barbless said:
So many people are up in arms about the tax, but it is only 2 cents a litre. The price did not go from 1 dollar to 1 dollar and fifty cents just because of this tax and many people seem to think that is the case. I for one think it is a great idea to create a disincentive to use fossil fuels and to provide offsetting incentives to work elsewhere. If only the government could use the same foresight with our salmon stocks
Up in arms? Of course some of us are up in arms over this tax. How much is enough?? How much? we are taxed on our income, then when we spend our taxed income we are taxed again pst gst now carbon tax, then we pay fuel surcharge tax and road tax and other environmental tax on our fuel. now that we have paid all this tax to get to work and to work, we go home and pay more tax, school tax, water tax, property tax. Come on when is enough. This and any of the so called named taxes are nothing to do with the name they area produced. Do you realize how much our Govt overspends on blatent crap. I know someone who contracted to our Govt and had no experience in the position they were hired for, they had unlimited resourses like flying in helocopters, hotels etc all paid for and made $30 clear just to make phone calls to other agencys to ask how things were going.??? Our Govt has no idea about management they just wing it. Our enviroment is damaged due to all of us and time and history. A carbon tax will not fix anything, all it does is give another department to the govt and gives wages to the people who seem to live the lie that they are helping. revenue neutral?????????? how can something be neutral when you need to pay out workers. I sure liked the bottom of the reciept of the check, take a look who s it from??? Us , only 2 cents and two more then another two. I work hard for my dollars to be given away, what job can anyone do where you get a full pension for the rest of your life after working for three years??? give some more of my money away... :-[ :mad:

· Registered
33 Posts
Cyrus said:
if everyone sells their trucks...who is gonna buy them? what are they gonna be worth? I drive an 07 tundra and love it!!! but like any V8 it likes the taste of gas!! Likely it will just sit in my driveway if the gas prices hit that much 'cuz no one is going to want it.....not to mention the fishing rods will be collecting a lot of dust.....Iran fires off a few missiles and gas goes up....even though it dropped $5 a barrel???? I am not going to let it change my life (well not yet) just means fewer dinners out etc, more overtime at work, and smarter driving habits!
Lets talk about the truck thing, I cant afford to drive my truck to work anymore, so I just sold my newer siverado one ton 4x4 load leather the whole meal deal for 8k and was happy to get that. Then I had to pay top dollars for a new vehicle as prices are up due to new taxes, anyone who has purchessed a new truck in the last 5 years just lost about 80% of the dollars they spent, you cant even trade them in because the dealers are not allowed to put them into inventory. Truck plants out of business, peoples lives destroyed, Gas prices have nothing to do with Iran, we have one of the largest fuel supplies in the world right here in Canada. Politics are what sets the price and with that being said, fuel is quite cheap, it is the taxes that put the price up, the fuel is taxed to death. Well not going to change your life?? fewer dinners, more work? is that not a change in life :) I am in awe with what our Govt has done to us in the last 5 years. BC is now destroyed, olympics, carbon tax overspending. We used to be a strong province masive resources,lots of money. Now we are poor and will be for the next 10 generations, we cant come up for air cause their aint any. All were in for is doom as prices are going to keep going up on everything, employers are not going to be able to keep up with wages to correct this and many employers are going to go broke as people are not being able to afford to buy new stuff, pay for repairs etc. Then the problem is welfare and ei as the govt will need to pay for the unemployed, "Good job guys, We give you a job and pay you well as well give you a pension and open resourses for you to suceed the rest of your life, and then you screw it all up without any concern for anyboby but you while trying to look like heros, Thanks for nothing"

Just my two cents, cause thats all I got left :)

· Registered
14 Posts
I didn't get my cheque! When I enquired I was told that they didn't have me down as a resident of BC although I have been resident, filing and paying taxes for the last 18 years! They said I'll get it soon! When I do get it (if ever), its going to wine or the burrowing owl society! Tough choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.