BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My wife's family has a cabin at Green Lake and we are planning to come up for an extended long weekend over Easter. We are not too far from Irish and Fawn lakes and have heard that the fly fishing is good in these lakes. We have not been up this early in the year before and are wondering if anyone can tell us if the ice will be off by then. If it will be how will the fishing be? Any guidance on effective flies would also be great since we are new to the game. Finally, if there are any other good little lakes around we would love to hear about them. We do have a 4x4 so offroading is OK.

Thanks for your help

Twoshoes

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is unlikely that the lakes in the Green area will be Iced Off, so to speak, but ya never know this has been a strange winter up here. I'll post when the Ice is off. Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ice is 'starting' to rot on some of the small low elevation lakes (108,Watson) so you MAY be in luck for Easter. I will post when the lakes are clear. Cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Chimney Lake has no snow and lots of water pools on top.... Yahoooooo!!! Hope for more warm weather so we can fish on the long weekend. I'll be taking my notebook with my GPS and all the topo maps to cruise around to some new lakes. Never get lost as long as I have power... hehehehe

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is great news. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather and cooperation from Mother Nature.

B

·
0 Posts
I live on Watson Lk. (105 Mile) & when I drilled it Sat., the 25th there was 3" slush then 12" solid blue ice! Don't count on ice-off for Easter!

Brookie

B

·
0 Posts
The ice went out of 105-108 Mile lakes yesterday wih the big winds. Nothing left except a few bits of soft pan ice in some bays. Don't know about further afield but expect that Horse Lake is clear as well. Lower elevation lakes like Mahood should be well clear. Good luck & let us all know if anything heats up.... :lol:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just got back and it was CHILLY!!! Not a good weekend to have a cold snap but oh well. Only had 3 hits and one on for a about 30 sec. Chimney is now close 50% open with quite a few rises. Dugan is open but talked to a couple of guys at Surplus Herbies in WL and they only got one small 8". Skulow was iced over. Brunson is open. Felker still lots of ice. Only tried Chimney as we stayed with friends right on the lake. Oh well... Sometime in May I will get back up there.

Cheers, Rob

Oh! Heard McLeese was fishing well for Kok's but didn't get up there. Can't wait to try Deka and Sulphurous.

T

·
0 Posts
Bridge/Sheridan

Planning a trip first week of May, just wondering if ice is off and if it is , has turn over started.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts