BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum. Have looked through the carp fishing posts and noticed quite a few guys are having trouble hooking and landing Cyprinus Carpio.

I am from the UK and have carp fished since age 11 and during my early 20's I lived, breathed and fished carp for three years continuously. I kept all my gear in my work van and every spare second was spend by the bank hoping for that 40lber!

What I am offering is my carp fishing experiences to whomever is in need of it. I know the right rigs for the right situations. I can give you good tackle advice. I.E. You will not stop a a decent fishing running to the lilies on a 6 1/2 foot spinning rod. We use a minimum 9ft 2 1/4lb test curve stalking rod for that kind of fishing and we call in snag fishing or hit and hold. My absolute favorite way to take carp 'cus it involves using only one rod and not three!

Anyway, I am in the UK for the time being, and the wife is in Poco but we just got ourselves an apartment in Oakmount Crescent which is close to Deer lake in Burnaby...just sorting out my immigration stuff *yawns*.

So if anyone needs a little help, or if you are in need of some UK/ Euro style terminal tackle, message me with your requests and I'll do my best to get the very best prices I can....not on info though lol...that will be free!

And one other thing, if you care about carp, or any other fish in the water you are fishing, don't try to temp the with sweet corn, as good a bait as it is. The cold facts are fish cannot digest. When fish gorge themselves on corn they can become bound and have real difficult expelling it, and in the worst case scenario, they can die. I have seen this with brown trout on my local River Kennet.

Anyway, tightlines,

Pat

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Welcome to the forum there are a growing number of fly fishers around Van who target carp in some of the Fraser's clear water tribs, they are a great fish to catch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Pat.

I've just got into saltwater fly and did a little bit during my wedding/ honeymoon in Kauai and Hawaii this past month. Defiantly gonna be up for some carp bashing on the fluff!

I am looking for carp anglers in the Van area. Me and the wife have just finalized the 'ins' and 'outs' on an apartment right next to Deer lake in Burnaby so I'm going to try and organize some 'carp matches' on there on a catch and release basis this summer. Gonna make it a bit more interesting as regards to permissible tackle and techniques. And I think this weekend I'm gonna get the camera out and make up a few standard style carp rigs for the guys to try out. Have to look through the BC fishing regulations to make sure that they coincide with them.

I must admit that I almost gave up on fishing for them as banks are so crowded in the UK.

Can't wait to bank my first BC 20lber!

Tight lines, Pat

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm well aware of that! Thanks for the heads up though ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts