BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been fishing french creek, columbia beach areas for coho been wanting to take my flyrod out there

·
Registered
7 Posts
cohos

so far french creek has been quiet, I live by the mouth of the Little Q, there has been a lot of springs around but they are being stubborn. Evenings, they are tailing in the surface off of the mouth of the river, I have been trying to entice them with a fly, no joy, most of the guys trolling are not having a lot of sucess either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey robertg im from nanaimo I was at nile creek yesterday casting a spoon just for a couple hours as it started to flood lots of grills jumping one good size fish boiled in front of me wasnt taking though who knows though they could boil up and by the time i cast there hes gone.Where you fishing at the little q?? I know you have to be a have mile from the mouth. I tried columbia beach on monday right off the mouth of french creek never fished there before not a jumper around

·
Registered
55 Posts
Coho off the beach

Fished Friday of the long weekend at Salmon point first thing in the morn. Low tide at about 6:30 a.m. Coho present. Incoming tide but the fish were staying within the kelp. A few pinks closer to shore but were also elusive. Went up to Big rock and found pinks, and caught a dozen or so. Coho jumping well past the outer edge of the kelp. Salmon point should be busy with fish(coho) as should Black creek up to the oyster this weekend with the change in weather and " Blurt " of rain. Good luck!! Chalupa

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went casting spoons(kroc) at nile actually back down the beach toward the qualicum chinooks rising all over some fairly bl.ack I managed to hook and land one that was just under size so back he went was alot of fun on my spinning rod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i have a couple of three hrs to kill from noon till 3pm so i'm gonna go cast a few buzz bombs at and around ambleside just to see whats happening there i'll report later!

C.K.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I am going to hit the beach in the morning (first light) with the fly rod :wink:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
had no time to fish! bummer anyone else hook'in ho's in west van?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I went down there and they were all gone not one jumper :?
checked out Ambleside
nothing :?
checked out under the bridge too and nada :?
dont know where they have gone
i heard there is not that many at the hatchery yet
it is raining right now so maybe they are waiting somewhere for a raise in the rivers :!:
I think it is all over for the beach :cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went up to Qualicum yesterday evening I should have brought a surf board she was blowing out of the north , not many (I think I seen one boat)of the mouth of the river

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Where you fishing at the little q?? I know you have to be a have mile from the mouth
Is this true for beach casters at the Little Q? I know it is at the Big Q. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes its a one half mile radius from the mouth of both big and little Q its in the tidal regs area 14 from august 25 to october 15

1 - 12 of 12 Posts