BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those who told me to get out and explore my local rivers, thanks :beerchug: I now realise I don't have to drive all the way out to the Vedder to wet my line. Fished the Alouette in the snow this morning third run down and bang, a beautiful male Coho in all his red fall color. Question though is how long will there be fish in this river until the run is over????

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Excellent job on your first coho ever? Next year get a early start on them! I've caught coho in the lowermainland streams(with exception of the capalino river) as early as the first few days of sept! But the cap has a run that starts in the spring so thats always worth a shot! Mind if i ask you what you what your method was to hook and land it?

CK

· Registered
97 Posts
PumpingIron said:
Its pretty much done. You might get lucky but its a crap shoot. Like you caught today they will most likely all be boots. I was out cutthroat fishing in that general area and saw a couple boots but nothing worth targetting.
Gonna have to dissagree with you here brian! ;D Plenty of chromers still to be had well into december!

Tight lines

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Good on ya for your first coho.
I guess the problem you have now is having to wait til next season to really get into it. :wallbash:

Cheers :cheers:

Hotrod

· Registered
898 Posts
Posted on: Today at 09:39:56 AMPosted by: barbelface
Insert Quote
I'm sure there will be other species of fish to keep me busy through the lean times

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel :happy:

coming soon to your local waters

they will keep you going
be prepared for lots of planning, lots of stalking, lots of fun :thumbup:

· Registered
224 Posts
Roe_kid said:
PumpingIron said:
Its pretty much done. You might get lucky but its a crap shoot. Like you caught today they will most likely all be boots. I was out cutthroat fishing in that general area and saw a couple boots but nothing worth targetting.
Gonna have to dissagree with you here brian! ;D Plenty of chromers still to be had well into december!

Tight lines
C'mon this is my backyard. Not plenty, trust me. I am not just saying this to get less people to fish it either. If you are looking for chrome fish this is not the place to be looking. Places further North east get later runs much better. Any system right now is still a crap shoot. You might find some with an incomming tide but you still have to be lucky.

· Banned
87 Posts
Got out today for two hours with the flyrod and managed 3 coho and a bunch of cutties arround the 14 inch mark, nice little guys.The first coho was a boot, second was chrome and the third one was just starting to turn.Flippin' cold out there though! Also ran into a fisheries officer, was good too talk with him for a bit.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
WOW F20 your the first person I have ever seen say which arm of the Allouette you were on and not just say the Allouette ;D I have only fished down near Harris rd. as a kid which I think is the north arm, am i right? maybe I will go check out the South arm and the North. anybody wanna share a general area to try out? havent fished this river since I was about 8yrs old. My childhood flow sure would be nice to catch something there other than Bullhead :-\ or Catfish :'(

thanks

HOOK

· Banned
87 Posts
Stick to the south in my opinion.If you have waders(dont even need them at alot of places) you can just park anywere between 216th and 232nd and start walking.I wish I could be more help but I dont really like talking exact details.Almost always somthing kicking arround down 216th though I find.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.