BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down here in America we get what is called a "tax return". This pleasant chunk of cash the federal government gives back is always an excuse for me to splurge on a piece of tackle I've likely had my eye on for months. Thanks to this forum and others, it was suggested I track down a Kingpin Regency in order to satiate my desire for a small diameter centerpin reel. Well folks...today it arrived. Anyone else out there want to share their rare/custom centerpin reel with all of us? I'd like to see some other smaller reels a la Paine Falls or Milner

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
from Left to right: 1/3 made gold/pewter 4 3/8 kingfishers, 3 3/4 river wraith, 4 3/8 kingfisher, 4'' kingfisher

very rare, old 4 3/8 pewter kingfisher...and a 15lb doe

also have a couple kingpins, a talisman, IMW and a few other reels...but haven't been fishing any of them since i went back to baitcaster and 4110 sage.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just out of interest, why did you go back to a baitcaster?
more casts, better control and hooksets on longer casts, casts which are too long and hard to fish with centerpin...you can put on a spoon or spinner with a baitcaster... and finally because every newbie, beek and wannabee has a centerpin now and think they are hot stuff

·
Registered
460 Posts
more casts, better control and hooksets on longer casts, casts which are too long and hard to fish with centerpin...you can put on a spoon or spinner with a baitcaster... and finally because every newbie, beek and wannabee has a centerpin now and think they are hot stuff
Could not agree more. Nice collection of pins.

·
Registered
37 Posts

The Silex.... It's plugged with backing because I experimented with Sufix 832 this season... Enjoyed the braid mainline!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts