BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wondering if anyone's been on the chehalis fishing recently?
i'll be bringing my flyrod and my buddy will be using spinning tackle. going to be mostly targetting trout
i also have a gear rod for anything bigger but is there any reason to bring that right now?
thanks for your help
~thinkin'

·
Registered
419 Posts
Lots of hiking to find trout but when you do there are lots. The river will be closing for springs shortly. Can't remember exact dates but it happens soon. I have spent some decent time on that river so far and haven't seen more than a couple springs. A few summer steel and lots of trout.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like my experience on the vedder. put in quite a few hours but i havent so much as seen a spring roll.. guess just right place at the wrong time. people have been catching them. but i've only been on mid to lower river so far, i havent been up river.
ive never been on the chehalis yet. a friend that im going with has once or twice, any tips on where we might start?
thanks for the response fishin30
cheers

·
Registered
419 Posts
For somebody not to familiar with that river start at the camp ground and walk down. Chehalis is much different than vedder. Crystal clear. What looks like one foot of water ends up being 3 feet deep. Watch your crossings carefully. You will find a trail once you walk on the gravel for a bit.
Bring a bear detterant of some sort. Mama brown with an injured cub lurking around as well as black bears. Canyon is fishable if you like steep hikes and goat trails but always bring a buddy up there. Accessible from either side of the river. I like the north side better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tip bbarley, im aware of the recent incident that happened and this will only urge my already cautious presence on the river.
if i feel uncomfortable in a situation i dont risk it. accidents do happen, i know this. However, i feel i take precautions enough to avoid most
circumstances that present danger.
I will keep this in mind when im at the river.
~thinkin'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.