BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put my own picture where the avatar is how do I do that, the grim reaper is ok but ...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Rosco, follow the other avatar link in this(chit chat) area. Follow Finders directions. They are bang on.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
You may use an image that is hosted on another site as your avatar. To do this, just right click on the image, select properties, copy the URL and the paste it into the text field. It is recommended that the images are small (Avatar MUST be no bigger that 100x100 pixels) and do not deform tables or distract people. Administrators have the ability to block specific users from having an avatar.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
OK! So I'm slightly computer illiterate.What is an Avatar?......a URL?
I hope to someday figure out how to post pics on my reports.

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
My avatar has been changed by one of the mods, (I'm assuming), because it was slightly bigger than 100x100 and has been replaced with a "generic"....LoL (Is that right?)
At least I think that must be the case, although some other avatars that were the same size as mine are still up, so I'm not sure.... :?:

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
ribwart said:
My avatar has been changed by one of the mods, (I'm assuming), because it was slightly bigger than 100x100 and has been replaced with a "generic"....LoL (Is that right?)
At least I think that must be the case, although some other avatars that were the same size as mine are still up, so I'm not sure.... :?:
I will eventually get to them all!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ok so is that why my avatar keeps dissapearing cause the site i use for mine makes it bigger than 100x100 pixels

how can i make it smaller so i can put it back up ? or do i just have to send the pic to you Bergler so you can resize it for me :D

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
HOOK said:
ok so is that why my avatar keeps dissapearing cause the site i use for mine makes it bigger than 100x100 pixels

how can i make it smaller so i can put it back up ? or do i just have to send the pic to you Bergler so you can resize it for me :D

thanks

HOOK
Just upload it through your profile!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
HOOK said:

thanks

HOOK
or if you pulled your avatar from your photo bucket account, then there's an option on PB to edit and shrink your file down to the required size.

Finder

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ok Finder where exactly do i find this to shrink my image cause i looked and cant see it :(

cause i did the right click thing and went to properties and it says it is 160x120 and doesnt have a thing i can change it there

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know if you're using the free version of photobucket you wont be able to resize your images, at least I cant anyways - the resize option in edit is greyed out. So HOOK,,,you will want to resize your picture using a pic editor of some kind depending on what software you use on your PC. Then upload the new resized version to PB. If you're not sure how to, email me your pic, I'll resize it for you and email it back to you, then you can just re-upload it to PB.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey thanks Berg

thats another one of many new wicked things about the changes here i didnt even realize i could just upload a pic cause i had tried but didnt know the profile stuff had been updated

thanks for the great site Bergler :D :D :D :D

hope everyone has a good holiday season and a great steely season as well

happy holidays

HOOK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts