BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever fished the Chapman on the Sun Coast?? The parents bought a cabin up there and im wondering if it is worth checking it out while im up there in a few weeks from now...

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I haven't fished it, but here's my info on it, from a book I have:

Chapman creek: crosses hwy 101 south of sechelt. Has cutts spring and fall. steelhd early spring. Coho in fall. see regs re closures...

Check the regs, might be worth it to check it out...let us know what you find out!
welcome to bcfr,
hope that helps,
rib

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was fishing chapman creek a couple weeks ago and hooked a spring and saw some flyguys beach some coho. U can see the fish moving in and around before the tide fills the creek so low tide is a good time to start. there is beach fishing for coho and spring there too on either sides of the creek mouth. U should try large koho spoon or vibrex spinners.

tyler

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have fished Chapman many times. It will produce Coho right now and some springs. There is a large sandbar right at the mouth. It you fish at low slack you will have better luck and better access. You can also park at the park by the bridge and follow the trail into the forest. As you move along the river you will come to the odd nice hole. There aren't many but they will produce with a small wool presentation. I usuall fish the first hole you come to. Its about a 4 or 5 minute walk in. It will be on the right side, just befor the first steep hill along the path. You can walk along way an that pathand find some good spots.

There is a htchery along there as well

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts