BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the input on braided line, I think I'll try some tuff line once the Fraser opens. Last year after hooking into springs on shore, I tried chasing them with my boat. This was alot of fun with plenty of yelling and screaming as to what to do from friends! In the end we landed 3 and lost 2. I'd really like to get some battletactics on how to turn or slow down the monsters while trying to keep the line tight. :happy: ???

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ok with regards to braided line. I would go with Fireline not Tuffline. I have used both and find fireline ALOT stronger and can take the abrasion better. when i used tuffline i found it frayed to much :wallbash:

just my :2cents:

·
Registered
708 Posts
when looking for braided line , check out the new Spiderwire "Ultracast". Comes in "invis-braid, yellow and green. Fireline is available up to 30lb test while the Ultracast goes to 80lb. The 30lb fireline is similar in diameter to 12lb mono and the Ultracast 30lb is similar to 8lb so you can use 50lb and it fishes like 30lb Fireline.
If you want to use TUF line , go with their "XP" brand and check out the new red color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I was looking for an excuse to go to Berry's, I'll set up with the Spiderwire ultra cast and let you know how it flys after opening day! Can't wait, had my rod out last nite checkin the gear. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Go power pro! you will not be disappointed!

As for chasing springs...try to get their head turned ASAP, its not too hard, but if they show u they are the boss u could get into some trouble.....thats why barfishing is so nice, as 90% of the time you do not need to chase them in the boat from shore....unless you are on a reeeeeelllllyyyyyy tiny island lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.