BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up for a few days fishing on Thursday. Just wonder if anyone had been in the area recently and what was working? Figuring it will be the usual spring flies...chronomids, nymphs, scuds, etc.

Thanks,
Mad Genie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well there is no shortage of fish in Chataway...problem is they are all really small. 12inches seems to be about as big as they get...not much challange either as they will bite just about anything. Visited Tunkwa for a few hours decent fishing there...they seemed to be keying in on Interior Sedge flies at the moment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you get into any of the other lake's in the Chataway chain? (dot,billy,gypsum,rosco.....)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We stopped by at Gypsum and talked to a few people there. Most said fish were pretty much the same size as Chataway, although they had seen some larger ones cruising the shallows.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'll be heading up to Chataway at the end of the month for a week. I'll be using the 3wt to make it fun :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of nice lakes in that area. :thumbup:

I haven't been up that in quite so time so I can't really help ya out. :wallbash:

Let us know how you make out.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be up in a couple of weeks to fish a bunch of lakes around the Logan Lake area. There are several in the Chataway area that fish well and produce lots in the 3+ pound size. :happy:
I'll submit a list with results when I get back. (Unfortunately a head injury screwed up my name memory so I'll have to write them down.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts