BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after fishing the vedder on Friday and Saturday I thought it was time for a change of scene. Woke up around 5:00am and headed up to the cheakamus for the first time ever after all these years. Got up to the baily bridge and fished all the way down to the first bridge. Well the water was perfect and there was dollies jumping everywhere in the slack water I guess they were after fry. Got in to 3 dollies two were about 1 1/2 - 2 pounds and I got a pretty good sized one at I'd say 4 pounds. What I caught them on was one of my colorado blades silver size 4. I talked to a fellow fisherman out there and he said that the Steelie run is not that big up there I guess I'm to use to the Vedder with lots of fish Oh well I had a great day out there and I will be returning with my fly rod or a smaller CP (Trudex) and rod.

Good luck
Knuckles :cheers:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
good to hear someone had some luck on the Cheak yesterday as Steelie Trav, Ribwart, Coho Killer and myself went up there yesterday for some hopeful steel and trout :D We had very good hopes as Rib had told us quite a few fish had been caught in the last few days however we hit nothing all day so we decided to leave and hit the Mamquam

at the Mam we drove way up trying to find the dam ::) ::) however couldnt find the way down to it as there is gates everywhere up there now :'( blocking you from getting down without a large painstaking walk :'( so we went closer to the bottom slightly midriver and Steelie Trav got a nice baby steely which CK has the pic of and will post tonight i hope. Rib and I also hit into what we believe to both be steel as I saw mine flash around and it had some weight to it and Rib said his felt solid also, both lost and no pics though.

everything aside it was a good day even though i threw a screw from my front brakes and now the whole thing pops out and cuts into my rims when i hit the brakes, good reason why im home from work today so i can fix it :'( :'( :'(

good fishing with you guys, we will hae to do another trip soon somwhere

tight lines

HOOK

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Yes, good fishing with you guys also...too bad we couldn't get into any fish, at leats not the ones we were looking for...there were a lot of guys up there, I was quite surprised as in years past I can recall fishing up there regularly and not seeing another soul...

As for the mamquam river, it would seem in the last 2-3 years a number of new hydro electric projects have been put up on the river, these "run of the river" projects are touted as very green friendly, at least compared to past projects that require a resevoir, however, I don't find them very people friendly...there were gates everywhere, side road access to spots I used to frequent were all blocked off and it seems much to my dismay, we were unable to find one spot in particular that I used to fish every year...if anyone has any first hand info regarding some of the road changes that have occured there over the last few years, please fill me in...pm if necc

thx,
rib

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Was a great day yesterday boys, lets do it again soon! A few wierd things we seen yesterday on our lil outing! Like while fishing an upper spot of the check, i was unloading a few dne floats to steelie trav and in doing so, i pulled out my spare reel and placed it on the rocks to along with a jar of jensen eggs! While putting all my floats back in my pocket i forgot to pick up the reel and we left to anouther spot down river! While getting to our next spot i realize what i have done and kinda felt stupid on forgetting my reel! We fished down lower and not a sniff between 6 of us! So HOOK drives me back to the top of the river to see if i can find my reel! On our drive up HOOK and myself notice a pair of tire tracks on the road that looked like joy riders out for the day for the tracks were fishtailed alover the place! We come up this road a bit more and we think we see the truck that left the tracks on the road! And they were stuck, and trying to get out of the pile of dirt they thought they could drive over! ;D We did not stop to help them for i felt my reel was more imporant! So hook and i park and walk back to the spot where we fished last! And sure enough hook spots the reel beside my bright jar of jensen eggs!! Now i feel like not such a jackass for leaving fishing gear on the river and THANK GOD than no one found it because it was a b-day present from my old man! We head back to where Travis and rib wait for us! As we drive back we pass the truck that was stuck and see a couple 3 kids jump on a quad and bolt down the road! Upon further inspection the truck that was stuck is now Destroyed! Smashed windows Doors kicked in! Hook says thats not what the truck looked like 5 min earlier! (STOLEN!) Were sure of it! As we drive down the road, the kids all three of them were constantly looking back at us for they think were following them! Anyways we fished for a bit more and left! On our way back Hook had huge brake problems for every time he hit the brakes the caliper would grind into the rim of his front left! Fearing we won't be able to make it back to surrey with no brakes i suggest to use his gears for compression brakes! It worked and we made it back (barely)! HOOK fix your truck dude! ;D I would like to thank Ribwart and steelie trav for the invite to fish these rivers and also thank HOOK for the ride, as well as Nates and his buddy(forgot his name)as well just for fishin with us! Heres a few pic's from our day! enjoy! And Rib thanx a bunch for the BCFR patch!

C.K.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/Coho_Killer/April82007014.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/Coho_Killer/April82007024.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/Coho_Killer/April82007028.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/Coho_Killer/April82007027.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice to see the respect some people have for other peoples property. The vehicle dumping ground in the photo is a sad reflection on society today.
Too bad the idiots involved in stealing and trashing cars didnt take up fishing when they were younger.
Nice photos BTW---reminds me of many years ago around the same spot when it wasnt unusual to have a multi fish day on that section of river

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice report guys, the dumping ground in that one photo has been the spot for years on the Mam FRS road. It was worse before they placed the big rocks up there, one stiff drove a car but forgot to jump out in time........ Well he was a pancake at the bottom.

Did you guys phone the feds on the truck you saw left in the bush??

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ya that day sure did seem to be a gong show when it came to all the driving and sight seeing we did

no we didnt call the fuzz on those young kids and i say young as they seemed about 13

and CK truck is fixed :D :D :D and purring like a kitten LOL ha ha not now she has a squeak somewhere GRRR

tight lines

HOOK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.