BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Had my best day on the Cheak for trout I have ever had today ;D ;D. Started off super slow trying flesh patterns, trout beads and shiny fry patterns. As soon as I put a olive green sculpin/fry pattern (no shine in the sunlight) on it was really good. Nice to have a good day as I have been getting skunked on the lakes in the area (Cat,Daisy,Anderson). All fish caught were in the 2-5lb range except a nice little scrappy 12 inch cheakamus rainbow which must have jumped ten times during the fight I got on the trout bead. Alot of walking with not many anglers out there = Perfect fishing conditions. Water is still really low and clear for steelys but the trout/char fishing gets :thumbup: for me for today. All I have is video of a few of the fish I got to shore so no pix from me.

tight lines boys and girls
derek

·
Registered
901 Posts
That is my favourite River
I love those wild fish
I was so tempted to hit there today but was not sure how the snow was up there
Hows the high way right now Dereke ???

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Britguy said:
That is my favourite River
I love those wild fish
I was so tempted to hit there today but was not sure how the snow was up there
Hows the high way right now Dereke ???
There is none!

Hotrod

·
Registered
31 Posts
Given the train derailment a couple of years ago, what has been the effect on the steelhead stocks on the Cheakamus?
It's a sweeheart river, and my best day ever steelheading was on that river in the late 90's fishing spinners for late spring steelies, big fish too, close to twenty pounds. Moved away and haven't fished there since. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.