BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the word has just come down to me that I'm in on the hatchery steelhead program for this season and fishing can start on saturday.This year we are again keeping twenty for the hatchery program. Unlike last year where we started at the end of the season it's nice that we have a little more time manage a good quality broodstock and be more specific on when and where we catch the fish.

Last year of the 20 steelies needed 9 were caught by yours truly.This year will be a good test as to the damage that the spill of 05 had on the system.Hopefully it was minimal and look forward to some great fishing. It;s hard work but someone's gotta do it. Last year I had to fish for 17 days straight because of the short time we had.It's a little early for the main run but who cares!

.....................I'm all in !!!

Hotrod

8) 8) 8) 8)

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's friggin sweeet man! Looking forward to meeting ya and hitting the flow.Hoprfully we can tube a couple for the future.

Hotrod

· Registered
898 Posts
Hey Hotrod i was thinking of heading out there on Wed
i have to go into town for a meeting at 7am then i am off
so i thought i would hit the Cheakamus
but i was thinking of taking the small fly rod for some rainbows
how's it for fly fishing for steel up there ???
should i bring my 8wt
pm me if you can give me a heads up on where to try
Britguy

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Britguy!

It is not impossible yo hook into some steel on the fly right now as there are a few kicking here and there but the dolllies and rainbows can be fun right now too.It's such a beautiful river that can be easily walked there are a few fish to be had for sure.Trout and hopefully the odd 25lb steelhead!!!!!! Maybe we'll seee ya!

Hotrod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.