BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weeks action carried in to the weekend... Took a 13lb'er on Saturday, and a 15 lb'er on Sunday, both of Cotton Point on the back side of Keats Island. Is anyone else out fishing this area? What are peoples thoughts on the current water color... that murky green color... is this from the Fraser? Let me know what you think. Had some people mention that the murk always leads to good fishing. Right now, I would tend to beleive them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love fishing the Sound. Wind is a bit of a factor lately though. I fished Monday south of Bowen and had a couple undersize and then a legal for the cooler.

Had one good shaker in Tunstall but it didn't stick...Hutt was dead. A buddy got one at Grace....

The brown in the water is from the River...The green is the algae growing as the the water temp goes up...its always like this at this time of year....In the winter you can see you cannon balls coming up from 30 feet down...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i believe the greenish water in the sound is glacial run off from the squamish systems. easterly winds and strong ebb tibes seem to contribute to the colour. the cloudy water seems to bring the fish up from the bottom, giving them decent cover from the seals (rats of the sea!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.