BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit the river with the buddy Sun.Started in the lower,saw some coho and some spring-jacks rolling.No action except someone releasing a foul-hook and my float taking a dip with nothing on the hook-set.Moved to the upper and found some action as soon as we arrived.Saw someone land a coho on a blade.Buddies first drift (roe) results in a fish that had us scratching our heads a little.It was definitley a rainbow(wild)about 20" (6 #) male with a slight kype,pronounced stripe/coloured cheek.What I would consider spawning colours/condition( thin/wasted).If we had been on the Chehalis I would have called summer-run.Maybe there is a small remnant run left on the wack?!?!? (stray?)It did not look like what I thought a drop down fish would look like.Anyways,it had swallowed the roe(no bleeding),so we cut the leader and sent him on his way.Never got into any coho.Buddy released a spring-jack and longline released a full size.I came up empty on a few take-downs and had one 'nook about 15# chew through my leader after a 5 min. scrap.............All in all a good day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was out this morning the 27th and got into a big fish but quickly lost it. My drag was set a little to solid for my preference. Still used to winching in sockeye I guess. I used a DNE float with the rubber bumpers for the first time instead of a dink float and was very impressed. I like the ease of adjusting it, much better. I will also say I am a fence poster as some have stated in other threads. I like to stick to one spot and work it for a long time. Im not sure why but if see fish rising and moving through I just seem to not want to move on. Anyways locking into that fish made my heart pump and now I cant wait to get out again. Its a really nice drift and not many people there so I always go back in fence post fashion, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts