BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard that a lot of work was done and a lot of money spent, down by the easter seal area to divert the river back to the hatchery, 90% plus of the flow. does any one have first hand knowledge if this true. it would be great if this was the case. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Last I herd was that they only did some work below the bridge and they where not touching the easter seal. In fact easter seal run has flatened out and is nothing like it was last October. Searun was there on Saturday just to have a look and he said the same thing. I believe they decided to leave it for now.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
No diversion is happening PERIOD!!!!

Work that was done, was performed by BCTF, and is habitat improvement, it may be of interest to anglers however as some good angling will result where this work was done.
can you think of a fish that likes large boulders strewn througout a run :thumbup:, and is only caught by 10% of the fisherman.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
young gun said:
just need another flood to fill all those new spots in.
Yup, rivers are alive, and like all other living things, they change over time. To quote the great Italian philosopher, T. Bertuzzi, "It is what it is."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.