BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Het guys, don't wanna stir up the pot, but I was out yesterday and found a really deep pool with a bunch of ho's and could get to them with a float set up (unless I had about 15 feet between the float and weight)...long story short, I got rid of the float and trid a few passess by "bottom bouncing" my roe with about a 2 foot leader

Now before anyone gets angry, I did this as per the methods suggested in the latest BC OUtdoors Mag on the article about steelhead - my weight hit the ground slightly about every 2 feet or so and for the most part I could see the path of my roe, as it hovered along about 1 foot off the bottom. I hooked one fish, in the mouth, and after a few head shakes it got off. I

Would this be classified as snagging?

· Registered
691 Posts
If your gear and bait rigging was hanging straight, then no worries. Same idea as fising under a float, as long as the bait, lure, etc. is presented first, the your all good.

It's the big line seep that's the no-no... to bad you couldn't get him in....that's fishing :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.