BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellows going out to the Chehalis on Sunday.Other than the canyon ,where else do you fine fisherman suggest.Hatchery area? or what else? I would really appreciate some of you fellas wisdom on the area, Cheers Elvis :D

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Hey Elvis

i think maybe you could walk down from the hatchery and look for the pools that hold fish and if you could check out whats going on around the Easter Seal run as i have heard they have started construction on the birm wall

they are planning to redirect 90% flow back to the hatchery :eek: :eek: god wont that help alot if you go that way let us know whats going on if you could

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey Hook

Just wondering where you have received your information about the birm wall.I was informed that the natives are constructing a dike around there property to protect there sacried burial site from flooding in the future.Thanxs sage 8)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
HOOK said:
Hey Elvis

i think maybe you could walk down from the hatchery and look for the pools that hold fish and if you could check out whats going on around the Easter Seal run as i have heard they have started construction on the birm wall

they are planning to redirect 90% flow back to the hatchery :eek: :eek: god wont that help alot if you go that way let us know whats going on if you could

thanks

HOOK
Ya, I heard that too....but maybe this time...they can build the high wall on the side of the channel that the river will hit on that corner instead of the oposite side....and maybe throw some bigger rocks or jam up the side that 100% of the water is flowing through now.....not an easy task.....I cannot believe that they screwed it up last time.....if they get it going through to the hatchery this time....maybe the river will be back on track....but I think it'll take more than some construction to do so....

Mike <"))))))><

Mike <"))))))><

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Sage

i heard it from my dad which heard it from a guy at work which was up there watching them knock trees to use for the wall

i hope they succeed as the hatchery is looking pretty scarce for coho returns

HOOK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts