BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after all the rain last night I was undecided whether to go or not. Well I watch the weather in Aggy and it was only 2 degrees so I figured that the snow level dropped and it should be fishable.

My buddy Greg and I got up there just before light and drove up to the bridge to have a look at the water. Looked high but was tea color so we headed into the canyon. It was up around a foot from Saturday when Dan and I were there. The water did look nice. It was a slower day than before with showers of sleet and rain. My buddy stopped and fished one run while I hiked to my main run. I managed 6 Coho and a chum. 3 spit the hook before I could tell if wild or hatchery. 2 were wild and 1 keeper an 8-9lb chromer. My buddy didn’t get anything. No pic today. By myself at the time and sleet pouring down… ugh!

Might hit it again on Friday if the weather permits.

Cheers, Rob

Oh! One more more thing. As the snow melt by 10:30 it started to rise and color up. We left at 11am.

G

·
dope, I should have known that (live very close by) :wink: normally its agany haha where it always rains and the wind always blows :lol:

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
78 Posts
id luv to check it out never have gotten to for years, if anyone wants to go id luv to come ;) let me know ;) :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
That would be Agassiz/Rosedale , just east of Chilliwack about 15 min on the hwy. My guess :D

G

·
Marko your a smart guy :lol: unbelievable, how fast you correctly guessed the where abouts of the hidden MTSF....good on you.... :lol:

Mike <"))))))><

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Gee thanks it was just a shot, all I did was sqweeeze the trigger. :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a lot of luck and lots of time on the river. I don't brag or boast success just post true reports. I'm fishing with a buddy who usually out fishes me and he's having a bad run this year. He never touched a thing on Monday. I gave him my only coho since I knew he would do it for me. I'm most likely heading out on Friday and hope I'm lucky... time to knock on wood..... :wink:

Cheers, Rob

PS: I have a hell of a time catching coho on the Vedder... Just have bad timing and luck there....

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Marsman said:
PS: I have a hell of a time catching coho on the Vedder... Just have bad timing and luck there....
I find I have the same problem, with coho anyways...with steelhead, thankfully, I catch fish on both rivers, but generally, I don't get many coho in the vedder, but almost always do well on the chehalis...
Who knows why?
rib

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Same here, bad year, no luck, mabey i'm just loosing my touch, who know but i've only hooked 2 coh this year, one was black and the other was wild!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I also fished the chehalis on monday. River was in great condition. My friend landed 3, one beauty chrome female, and I landed 2 and broke one off. The bite seemed to turn off around 9:00, and I also noticed the river color up later in the day.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Stupid lucky son's of fish, thats fine, i'll just... sit here and cry in my room! We haven't caught any coho fromt he chehalis this year! I either really really suck, or i just i dont know, can't talk to the fish like i used too! :lol: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts