BC Fishing Reports banner

Chehalis River?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Marsman 
#1 ·
Anybody know what is happening with the Chehalis? Are Coho in there yet?

Will the holes in up in the canyon be flooded by Mon?

#3 ·
Just trying to get some info from anybody who has some knowledge about this river....not looking to get into an electronic pissing match. I WILL go have a look and WILL be giving a friendly report on how the river is.

Don't worry, I won't take all the fish in the river since I am fairly new to salmon fishing and just wanted some good insight to an area I'm not to familiar with. :naughty:

#7 ·
Went out Mon.

Water was a little high but quite clear, hooked a nice chrome fish just down from the hatchery but lost it. Lots of pinks in still and a few dogs as well. Saw a couple of guys catch Coho but not too much action.

River has changed course since last winter. Lots of signs of bears but didn't see any (made sure to make lots of noise).

#13 ·
Fairweather fisherman said:
Went out Mon.

Water was a little high but quite clear, hooked a nice chrome fish just down from the hatchery but lost it. Lots of pinks in still and a few dogs as well. Saw a couple of guys catch Coho but not too much action.

River has changed course since last winter. Lots of signs of bears but didn't see any (made sure to make lots of noise).
What time monday were you there? Up until 10 when I left the river below the canyon, the river was greenish, except in 2' of water.

#16 ·
I think the campground is still closed...

Maybe someone knows more recent info...

Seems like it's become a private residence, and that annoys me, as it is still crown land, owned by you and I.

Cheers,
Nicole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.