BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i spent several hours walking the river sunday. can't believe how much it changed from last season!
very low, lots of chum. looked like they were there from the last rain fall.
best part of the day was seeing a bald eagle eating a salmon just a few yards away from me!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Went Saturday. Walked the way to the Harrison. Lots of eagles - the Golden eagles were especially cool. Anyhew, nary a ho in sight save for the dead one at the mouth to the Harrison. Water was low - all the easier to see the half covered chum.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
japander said:
Went Saturday. Walked the way to the Harrison. Lots of eagles - the Golden eagles were especially cool. Anyhew, nary a ho in sight save for the dead one at the mouth to the Harrison. Water was low - all the easier to see the half covered chum.
Japander, you sure they were Golden eagles and not just immature bald eagles. Bald eagles don't get their charactaristic white head and tail until they are 3-4 years old and are often mistaken for Goldens in areas where the 2 species co-exist. Goldens are much more common east of the Rockies than they are here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was also at the chehalis on friday and saturday. Correct me if Im wrong but the channel leading out of the hatchery now is just a side channel and not even the main flow? How long of a walk is it out to the actual river? I say this because I also made a stop at the bridge further up and the water was much higher and even slightly colored. Its not so much that the river is low right now but it has been diverted further from the road. How far of a walk is it to fishable water now and are there any decent trails back there yet?

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
The river has changed a lot in the last year so the usuals spots may not be there. I was up last weekend and had some success in the mid section, although it was a painful experience getting there! I wanted to try the old spots at easter but just couldn't muster the energy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
japander said:

Nop golden eagles in this area of the country! All in the rockies and east of that. Cool to see the local baldies though.

Hotrod

·
Registered
103 Posts
Saw Two Golden Eagles on Hornby Island this past summer. And have seenthem in the past over there during the Herring roe fishing season. They do somewhat resemble immature baldies but they are much bigger and have a very distinctive head and beak.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Went up to the canyon this afternoon, no luck very few ho's seen, water was clear depth wasn't too bad just gin clear, lots of ho's at the hatchery all holding back behind the dogs, with some rain they will come.

·
Registered
271 Posts
roscoe-pco said:
Went up to the canyon this afternoon, no luck very few ho's seen, water was clear depth wasn't too bad just gin clear, lots of ho's at the hatchery all holding back behind the dogs, with some rain they will come.
Hey roscoe-pco, Long time no chat. I hit the Chehalis on Sunday. Seen a few moving but very tight lipped. Tried roe, all colors wool, blades but just not biting. I did managed 2 hatchery around 10lb's and lost one but it was around noon when they bit. I'm heading back up there on Saturday but expect it tough fishing. The Harrison should be great to fish this weekend as the water will be low all week. Next big rain and there should be good numbers in the river.

Cheers, Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.