BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water was high 1ft' vis getting clearer as the day went on . Fished the easter seal run .The deep hole has gone and it is a long stream
Seen chum all day moving through the system . Was catching them all day . Caught a few bright ones . Caught a Hatchery cutthroat about 4-5 lbs .
Did not see one coho , one float guy said he had two first light but he was the only one

·
Registered
271 Posts
Got back around 4pm and finally had a bit of time to post before the Canucks game. A couple of buddies and I fished the canyon today. Between my one buddy and I we hit 12 or so. Not sure how many Dan hit but probably around 6-8. The fish are defiantly in and spread through out the system. I landed and released a couple of wild ones and got 2 hatcheries. Dan got 2 hatcheries and none for my other buddy. One I kept had a bit of color (For smoking, In brine now) and I got a nice one reading 11.7lb's with no gills and guts so I figure 12.5-13lb's. Dan's big one weighed in at 13.5lb's(Sorry Dan) on my digital scale. Get up there tomorrow. The water was nice and in perfect condition. Hopefully it doesn't come up over night. Here's the pics.

PS: Don't bug me about my rubber gloves.. :wink: :wink:

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well it seems as though I have to pass up tomorrow, my buddy can't make it and I'm not a fan of fishing the chehalis by myself. I do like to hike a far ways! I'll be at the stave tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
u guys must have alot of luck, i cant seem to hook a coho this year? :cry: Dad came back from hunting( i wasn't allowed to go! :cry: :oops: :evil: ) They got a moose, any ways, we might hit the canyon from what were seeing coming out of it! Wish us luck, cus we seem to not have any!

G

·
good luck, break a leg! oh wait thats not a good thing to say to someone going in the canyon, umm...just be safe and have some fun!

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
14 Posts
young gun said:
u guys must have alot of luck, i cant seem to hook a coho this year? :cry: Dad came back from hunting( i wasn't allowed to go! :cry: :oops: :evil: ) They got a moose, any ways, we might hit the canyon from what were seeing coming out of it! Wish us luck, cus we seem to not have any!
Dude, this is a fishing website not a huntin one. Know one cares about the moose

·
Registered
271 Posts
Talked to a buddy who was up there today and said it was very high and about a foot visibility. He managed 1 wild ho and that was it. I still might go for the drive for the hell of it but could be a complete waste of time as the water was rising when he left. Anyone else there today?

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hit the river today. Water was very low behind the hatchery. Tons and tons of chums. Managed to get 3 hatch coho thru the croud of dogs. It was a very wet day. I was expecting more water after all the rain we've had... Anyways gotta go, I can smell the BBQ calling :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.