BC Fishing Reports banner

Chehalis timing

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Xian 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have never fished the Chehalis but I plan to this year. I'm just wondering when the coho and chum show up there. Would most of the runs be in already? Have they even started yet? Is it coho first or chum first? Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Chehalis fish should be trickling around now. I have found the coho and chum show up basically at the same time, with some springs thrown in :thumbup: If you have access to a boat i would try hitting the Harrison river now because the low water in the Chehalis means the fish will stack up in the Harrison waiting for some rain. when this happens they flood the system quickly :thumbup: this river can be great if your willing to hike around away from the crowded areas.

#4 ·
I live 8 minutes from the river and check it out every day, its bone dry. Some people here have mentioned that the river needs rain, well to be quite honest with you the area needs at least 3 or 4 days of heavy rain for the ground to at least soak it up. It hasn't rained out here since saturday evening and it was a very small amount.

#5 ·
barskull said:
I live 8 minutes from the river and check it out every day, its bone dry. Some people here have mentioned that the river needs rain, well to be quite honest with you the area needs at least 3 or 4 days of heavy rain for the ground to at least soak it up. It hasn't rained out here since saturday evening and it was a very small amount.
Very dissappointing to hear. Oh and I am jealous that you live 8 mins from there :thumbup: With the forecast to be rain for the next while hopefully the river will get its share and bump up to the fall levels!

#6 ·
Thanks guys,

Sounds like a good idea to try the mouth in the Harrison. If I were to run a prop boat up there from Kilby is there anything to watch out for, or is the channel clear and deep the whole way? I was looking on Google Earth and it looks like there is a whole network of channels there that could be quite shallow before you get to the mouth itself.

#7 ·
I like to wade up in front of the golf course and cast out from there as there are multiple shallow channels that the fish stack in waiting for water. Iknow from experience that boating above the bridge in low water can get tricky especially if you are looking for fish on the west side as it's quite shallow on that side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.