BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up fishing at Chehalis today was into one steelie saw a couple others water is beautiful. Should be a few fish to be had. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Good to hear fishin30....what were the water levels like?? How long did you stay?
.......Cheers...Marko

·
Registered
917 Posts
I heard that the campground was being turned over to the natives (which would include access to the Easter Seal run). Is this true? Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
648 Posts
depends on you level of sanity. check with Rib, he's the resident nutcase hiker! ;D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Rib always parks 100 meters from the river! ;) Aint that right Marko! ;)

C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
"it's just another 100 yards and were there" or my favorite "just over the next ridge" :wallbash:

kind of a familiar phrase when you head out with Rib :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ya, that day was grueling! But well worth it in the end :happy:

One of the last big hikes we did, we didn;t even make it to the river....4 hours in the bush, man I was tired after that!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I kind of look at it like going for a walk in the woods with our fishing gear just incase we find a
nice spot to stop and wet a line.... :D.......Marko

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
100 yards or so more of this rib bashing and this thread will hit the road mighty quick.... :pissed: ;) ;D

Chehalis was high, 3 feet visibility the other day, dropped 3 inches over the course of the day, was definitley fishable, absence of fish that day though...

G

·
never fish chehalis ive herd nothing but good things maybe someone could give me a point in the right direction on where to park and what part of the river is best to fish im going in sept

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey rib were not bashing just teasing ( truth hurts) now don't go letting that admin power go to your head LOL oops more teasing.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
danielk i sugest u go with some one with experience with that river. I can be quite dangerous. Canyons are slippery, and the river rises fast. fishing can be awsome some days and others the fish wont take anything. Its a good river to fish as an alternative to the vedder, or the other way around.

Good luck and tight lines.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ya some of for sure know about the river rising fast eh there Wagonmaster :p :p

we were there a few years ago and the river was damned up in the canyon so people were scattered everywhere on little newly created islands catching fish all over. the river slowly dropped over the morning hours we noticed and wondered why. well at around 130-2pm ish we heard this huge rumbling like thunder and as we looked towards the noise we could see this wall of water and debris barrelling down on us. my dad(wagon) was on an island across from us with a fish on and tried to snap it off as fast as possible. he did manage to make his way through the water after waiting for the initial blow of debris came by, he was up to the top of his waders in full current and with full sized trees coming. he could have been killed at any moment, I was standing by the water with a long large stick incase i had to reach it to him.

in about 5 mins and i mean it thats not an exxageration the water came up about 4-5 feet

this of course doesnt happen often but just remember it can so try not to trap yourself in certain places without an escape route

HOOK

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
can u fish the canyon all the way to the lake? i know the fish would be black up there but around mid way they'd still be silver and i wouldn't have to deal with tons of other guys.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
young gun said:
I can be quite dangerous.
Oh no! I hope I don't come across you while I'm hiking in or out! :beerchug:
you can fish the canyon right to the top but there is a couple dandy water falls up there...especially right below the chehalis lake entrance....whether there is a ton of fish up reely high or not...thats another story....

DANIELK: The chehalis is an ok river to fish by yourself. Just not the canyon.....go in there alone & one wrong move will have you upside down wetting your shorts, or tumbling down a cliff with broken limbs before plunging into the great depths of the chehalis......but the campground - hatch (maybe if the river is diverted a little bit) are good runs to fish by yourself only danger is falling in.....there is a few awsome runs on that river if one wants to put in the time and effort and sweat to find these little gems....the odds of finding them are so slim... :yummy:

Mike <"))))><

1 - 20 of 26 Posts