BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
noxcape said:
to you and shane lol my discription on where i was ifshing was for you the part aobut me not being a idiot was for him accusing me of fishing the no fish channel lol
ACTUALLY you are legally able to fish it below the no fishing signs ::) Was just wondering because you mentioned lots of water, anytime Ive been to the Chehalis theres always water flowing in the main flow. Although the hatchery outlet channel has been a little trickle at times.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For what it's worth, because i tend to target only Coho, i switch from the Vedder to the Chehalis around October 15th as i find that while there are still Coho in the Vedder after then the run has usually peaked.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
For those anglers wanting to fish the outlet channel...

Have some pride... ::)

Go hunting for your fish in the river...personally I would be embarrassed to even throw a cast in the hatchery outlet channel, below the boundaries or not.

To me, that would be pretty cheap.

My opinion,

rib

·
Banned
935 Posts
loli never fished the outlet if you re read my past i said i walked to the end of the channel then hicked up the river looking for deep holes that fish would be sitting in lol unless this wasnt meant to be at me then ignore my msg lol

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
My post wasn't directed at you noxcape...your post was perfectly clear. I make my above comments more because this is in a "public" section and I don't want anyone to get any dumb ideas.

I'd shudder to think any of our members would do such a thing, even where it is legal...I don't think that is a sporting way to fish and would be embarrassed if someone from BCFR went and fished illegally, or in a manner like what I describe above.

We are sportfishermen. We have integrity, respect for the resource, and some pride in how we fish. Anyone who bends that "mantra" just so they can catch a fish, looses all respect from me pretty quick...

Again, my opinion.

rib

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
No worries noxcape...Hey, nice avatar...I have some buddies who are from out east and fish there often...they're pro's, you can tell by just watching them...and they enjoy many a great day there and at several other areas around the province...

Good luck on the Chehalis, it is the kind of river that can truly reward a fisherman who lives by the mantra I describe above...as for those who give a half assed effort at the sport, well, they usually end up going back to the vedder...

Maybe I'll see ya out there some time...

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.