BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to hit this river today but was a little late getting out. Started in the Canyon, landed a couple of wild ones but not much happening. Hit the Pump house down by the bridge and that seem to be the place to go. Seen 7-8 coho taken when I got there. There were a few guy's on the east side of the river but was not as productive as on the cement slab. I watch a couple of young guy's land a fish that looked to be fouled. (Front fin). They went down a bit and netted it. Made sure they took the hook out before dragging the net and fish up top. "Obvious?" I got a good look at them and will be watching for them and there vehicle next time out. They packed out around 4-7 fish.

Anyways nice day on the river. Good to see some nice chrome coho showing up even in low water. Hopefully it will be a stellar year. Has anyone been down to the mouth to see if it is one channel or still spread out?

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
An older gent and myself were watching the "show" from the east side around 9 this morning. 4 snaggers were on the intake looking real good in their fashion outfits sight jigging fish off the intake, CLOWNS!!! >:D >:D >:D The river was so low one of them walked down the rocks at the base and crossed the river like he was on dry land.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Well it looks like the rain is finally coming. I think it was last year at this time, BigGreenMachine, Reelangler
and myself were there to bear witness to some of the most horrific acts we had seen
In one spot just below the hatchery outflow there were about seven people in what looked like a
twelve foot radius trying to put the hook in just the right spot to call it legal.
Then just a little down stream another group were patiently waiting as a cohort was ramming
a stick under a tree to flush out the fish. Good times. ::)

:peace: Marko

·
Banned
935 Posts
marko said:
Well it looks like the rain is finally coming. I think it was last year at this time, BigGreenMachine, Reelangler
and myself were there to bear witness to some of the most horrific acts we had seen
In one spot just below the hatchery outflow there were about seven people in what looked like a
twelve foot radius trying to put the hook in just the right spot to call it legal.
Then just a little down stream another group were patiently waiting as a cohort was ramming
a stick under a tree to flush out the fish. Good times. ::)

:peace: Marko

thats freaking hurting i hope you guy reported them or at least siad something to them

·
Registered
118 Posts
Getting back to the Chahalis how is the easter seal area looking used to pull limits of Coho out of there but haven't fished the river in 4 years. Any good walking area near the hatchery anymore. Thinking of heading up this weekend to look for some hoes or a few chum to hurt my arms :thumbup:

One more questio for a guy thats a hour drive from the area would the Vedder or the Chahalis be a better choice :hmmm:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
JDOG said:
One more questio for a guy thats a hour drive from the area would the Vedder or the Chahalis be a better choice :hmmm:

Thanks
Well, if it rains out here for 3 days straight, you may want to hit the Chehalis as its bone low, if it doesn't......??? Dont forget, the weather in Vancouver is a helluva lot different than out here

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you haven't been to the Chehalis in 4 years, you probably won't find any of it below the bridge too familiar. As young gun said
young gun said:
its totally changed, the river has gone in a different course everyear, varrying in where it decides to enter the trees, but thankfully the coho keep showing up. Them and a few thousand chums.
And thats putting it mildly. It seems that even a good heavy rain can change it in recent years. Since it punched a new mainstream to the SE through the trees, it's been in a state of flux. As for the hatchery channel, it's not an angling option anymore, with very low flow. This despite a couple of pathetic efforts to divert water from the main flow into the hatchery channel. I'd like to talk to the brain surgeons in charge of that dyking effort. :p What a waste of resources. As for the question of too much rain, I'm with those who like it when it gets high for a while. You can still pick your spots, and the river recovers so quickly! On the fish side, there were a lot of fresh coho around blood rock last week, but by yesterday there were more on the darker side. Also witnessed the first steelie of the season as my buddy hooked up a nice hatchery doe!! :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.