BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a week fish"n the Chilco River. What an experience. We had 6 days of good weather (a little iffy on day 1 & day 7), saw a couple of Grizzly bears (too close for comfort, but not too close to get a picture or 2).
Although the locals said fishing was suffering a bit, we managed a number of multiple fish days, many of decent size. Our group's biggest was a 23 inch silver bullet !!
All in all, a great way to work the casting arm, chucking all those dry flies (big stimulators). We will definately have it on our "return to" list. :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Chilko has to be on of my favorite rivers in B.C. Can you say big BULLS! One of my most memorable experiences there was retrieving a small wooly bugger and hooking a small Bow' then within seconds I had a ferocios Bull hammer the small trout and take off for the deep water.. never did land that fish but man what a thrill.!

·
Registered
76 Posts
flyfisherB said:
Just got back from a week fish"n the Chilco River. What an experience. We had 6 days of good weather (a little iffy on day 1 & day 7), saw a couple of Grizzly bears (too close for comfort, but not too close to get a picture or 2).
Although the locals said fishing was suffering a bit, we managed a number of multiple fish days, many of decent size. Our group's biggest was a 23 inch silver bullet !!
All in all, a great way to work the casting arm, chucking all those dry flies (big stimulators). We will definately have it on our "return to" list. :happy: :happy:
what was the silver bullet?
I've been up in that country but we were in a hurry to get to bella coola so we didn't stop to fish that river that trip but we went up to bella coola to do some steelhead fishing a few years back and we stopped there (either there or chilcoltin river...can't remember) so I could show them how to work the roe imitation (they had never steelhead fished before) so I casted out and turned around to explain to them what to do and I almost lost the rod to a 22 pound steel head...it was the only fish we caught the whole trip O0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.