BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a drive up to the hatchery with my kid as he has never been there before and loves fish, ran into Leaping Tyee and leaping steelie chatted it up with them for a while they saw no fish since first light, the water clarity up top wasnt very good and really bad down lower, hopefully with this forcasted weather for light rain wont ruin it for this weekend...

At the hatchery there was Red Springs everywhere was quite cool to see them trying to jump over a 5 ft gate in this holding tank.... none of them was sucessfull LOL !!!

I counted 3 Coho in there but were very spooky couldnt get a decent photo of them but just some red spring shots, out of all the fish i only counted a couple with wool hangin goff them whaich was good !!!

This one was weird all the Reds were all hanging out together except this one, maybe it wasnt cool enough to be with tthe crowd :D

These Old fish were sure working hard to get over this ledge !!! lots would make it then get washed back down then try again !!!! It sure is pretty cool to see something like these fish go through hell going up a river then go through a obsticle course in the hatchery and have the energy to make it

My Kid (3 yrs old) was pretty amazed with the amount of fish !!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
River was crap when I left yesterday. Like 2 foot visibility at most down by peach road when I left at 7. Water was also starting to come up a bit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
FishFreak said:
I counted 3 Coho in there but were very spooky couldnt get a decent photo of them but just some red spring shots, out of all the fish i only counted a couple with wool hangin goff them whaich was good !!!
Niice.
I wasn't able to spot any when I got there yesterday. I was kinda disappointed but it's good to know they're in there. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kristopher said:
FishFreak said:
Niice.
I wasn't able to spot any when I got there yesterday. I was kinda disappointed but it's good to know they're in there. :)
I saw them at the end of the hatchery where the main entrance gate is for the workers (Across from the egg take erea), every time a spring came by they would take off.

·
Registered
243 Posts
FishFreak said:
Kristopher said:
FishFreak said:
Niice.
I saw them at the end of the hatchery where the main entrance gate is for the workers (Across from the egg take erea), every time a spring came by they would take off.
Right on. I must have missed them as I was in a hurry to get back out on the water.
Fished upper and lower and saw nothing but two very booty old chinook.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard of a chrome jack spring hooked andsot yesterday that was it. No fishing for me yesterday just went for a drive and took my kid to the hatchery

Felt kind of weird driving up the vedder/chilliwack without my fishing gear ;D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
So judging by your pics FF it looks like the hatchery has gotten their brood quota. Now the question is, has the boundary been moved back?

Oh and FF you should look at getting a polarized lens filter for that new toy of yours ;). I've seen pics of the same thing with and without the filter. The color balance is way better, fish and any water pics look way better too. I'll try to find the thread that I'm talking about and I'll PM it to you.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Only open till 4 and there is only 1 person up there on weekends so sometimes the visitor gate isnt open.. If that is the case just walk through the hatchery staff gate, they have no problem with this as long as you park outside :cheers: Tones of fish up there, will be a cool visit, maybe you'll see the bear too :peace:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.