BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Chilliwack Lake next weekend. Will be doing some fishing at Chwk Lk, but also will be hiking up to some of the surrounding lakes as well. Never done either. Been to Chilliwack lake lots, just never fished it. Sorta intimidated by how big it is. Does anyone have any suggestions to offer as to where to start? Also, any tips about the surrounding lakes? Will probably hit Lindeman and maybe even Foley.

Cheers :beerchug:

FF

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a boat. Was thinking, or at least I think I heard maybe at the far end by the river? We usually head down to that beach anyways. Nice spot there, especially with noone else around. Will be bringing our flyrods and some spinning rods. Do have downriggers too. Also bringing the float tubes and am going to try hauli' them up to Lindeman or Greendrop....I hope...just don't know how I'm gonna bring the cooler.. :confused:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
bring the fly rods and float tubes into Lindeman it is the best lake in the chilliwack river valley. Very scenic and the evening dry fly fishing can be great. If they are not on the surface try leaches, buggers or other attractors on a slime line. The inflow of post creek is a good area to focus around.

Chilliwack is deep and cold, some nice char in there but it is MOSTLY a trolling/gear show so I can't really help out with that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yep I'd go to the other end of the lake and throw some dolly patterns on a fast sinking line off the drop off in august... They come in with the Kokanee, who collect on that shoal at the mouth of the upper chwk... Huge school of red... Cool to watch!

Cheers,
Nicole

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got back from Chilliwack last night and fished the big lake with no success. Tried almost everything. Wedding bands, flatfish, spoons, worms. Didn't hear of anything caught though. Trolled along the shore from the Chilliwack outflow up towards the West side. Apparently there is supposed to be good fishin along there where 3 creeks run down into the lake. But the highlight of the trip was undoubtedly the hike up to Lindeman. Me and the GF hiked in with my U-boat and rod. Not a beginner hike and definately a workout. No wonder not much pressure up there. Absolutely stunning crystal clear/cold lake with white sandy/almost granite looking bottom. Trolled a couple flies at first, one little bite. Fish were jumping all around me, as there were quite a few bugs around the surface. Switched up to a dry fly and of course the wind picks up and the fish stop jumping. So kicked back to shore around noon, packed up and left. Overall a great day/hike. Will definately be back!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I fished Chilliwack lk as well yesterday for about an hour and a bit, one 2lb-ish dolly.
Lindeman is not a bad little lake, but I haven't seen much over 10" come out of there.
I did the hike up to Flora w/ my tube and fly gear last summer and that was pretty brutal. Water was certainly thick with fish, but didn't spot anything exceptionally large. I certainly recommend packing light if you intend on making that hike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.