BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had knee surgery on Weds, but I think the swelling will be down enough on Sunday to give it a go. I plan on putting the boat in the water then. See if I can nail some dollies or Kok's.

Any suggestions for which part of the lake to fish or what to use??

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:pissed: :pissed: went up to the lake today(chilliwack) gate was still locked. on my way back down i ran into the forestry site host for folley and chipmunk creek, who told me that she is not sure what is going on up there this year as there is talk of a management change for that area. so be warned as to check with somebody before heading up that way. there is also still about 4inches of snow beyond the gate into the campsites so this may be the reason aswell. did you go up there today Jamie.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I phoned Fred's in Vedder to see if the gate was open this morning. They told me that there was still too much snow to open up the launch. So I dragged gear at Kawkawa instead. All I got to show for my time was a sunburn and my wife got some practice trying to guide the boat onto the trailer. Beats getting rained on like the rest of Spring.

I'm hoping Chwk Lake will be accessible by Friday, I get Fridays off, so I'll give it a go then.

Thanks for your reply reference the gate.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow - with the price of gas these days that would sure burn ya - driving all the way up there and the gate is locked :wallbash: Not a good start to the day, I wouldnt think. :pissed:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I made the drive up there last weekend just to sniff around, for those who don't call there is a sign at the on the way which says whether or not it is open. I can't remember if that site is a foresty or regional site....anyone here know? Keys can be obtained if needed I think......

·
Registered
587 Posts
depends on who controls the gate and who you know. Most forestry gates people can get keys for as long as there is no active logging or stability issues with the road or equipment/worker safety issues. Basically if it is not being used they can't lock it. If keys are required you have to sign them out pending said restrictions. Provincal is differnet but a call into them would get them to open the gate we do have a right to be there...we do pay for it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The gate opened on Friday.

I went to Chilliwack Lake today trolling. Landed a 3.5 lb Dolly within 5 mins of dragging gear. I also caught a couple of Kok's and one 1.5 lb Cutty. Not bad for a couple of hours. My buddy lost a huge fish that fought like a log, I figure it must of been a 10 - 15 lb dolly. Had to look at his lower lip quivering till we went home, LOL.
Might go out there again tommorrow.

Cheers :drunk:

Jamie

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
nice job jamie, went out today for a few hours with MOM and the kids. had a couple of small fish on but lost them both. did see a really nice bear at the far end of the lake that wasnt bothered by our presence, then on the way home we seen a linx or bobcat in a field right around allison pools. great nature day for the family. anyone know?, cant remember but linx have the black tipped ears i believe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My kids would be happier seeing the animals than catching fish, so your kids must have really enjoyed the day. I stayed at the west end of the lake fishing, caught the dolly 400m straight out from the launch at 20' using a 3" rapella. The big dolly we lost was on a larger rapella at 46'. Kok's and cutty were caught on wedding band with worm on the surface. They were caught within 200m of the Chilliwack river entrance along the south side of the lake. We also lost several kok's.

I made the mistake of mentioning your post to the wife and kids, now they don't want to camp at Chwk lake , LOL. Unless we sleep on an anchored boat. Guess they are afraid of the wildlife.....

I'm off on Friday's, so I'm dragging gear up there on the 23rd. I'll post if I get anything again. :thumbup:

Jamie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.