BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday June 26, there will be a fertiliztion placing project on the Chilliwack River.
Volunteers are needed and its a great way to give back to this most generous of rivers.
Meeting place will be "On The Way Store" parking lot and time will be 1:00 pm.
Please help out if your able, the good karma alone will make it worth the effort.
Thanks.
Rod Toth , Chilliwack River Action Committee.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
If anyone is carpooling up to this event, I might be able to come along and would very much like to.
I don't drive so please let me know.
Rib

·
Registered
901 Posts
sorry cant make it (work)
i volunteered to help with the Semore fertilization but it got cancelled due to high water levels

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your help would be much appreciated Hoochie.
You would be placing fertilizer bags, mid stream(small streams), in some smaller tribs of the Chilliwack river. Hip waders or chest waders would be sufficient. Probably just carrying some fertilizer would be the hardest part.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What does the fertilizer do. (obviously fertilizes). what kind of fert, is it for insects or just chemical or is it a food for fish to feed on

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah what wiggy said......

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
now that was a very impressive answer!!! thats the sh%@!!!!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
good info Sanderson

good to see your not an A**HOLE all the time :wink: :wink: kidding

sorry i start a new job that day or i would be with you guys. It sure does sound like a good way to give back

why dont they do this on the weekend so more volunteers are available??

would be a good suggestion for next year i think

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking for some volunteers. I'll personally tie up a handful of jigs for anyone who can spare an afternoon. Remember this years steelhead run. Some of the credit for this type of increased returns, can be attributed to fertilizing projects such as these. Steelhead spend a great deal of time in the river, as compared to most salmon,having a nutrient rich stream is crucial to healthy smolts, healthy smolts are stronger in the BIG BLUE. As an angler I think we can all appreciate that :lol: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts