BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out this morning with Minni-me to try our luck. We each got a couple Springs in the morning, a couple of them were in really good shape, but nothing Cohoish. So we decided to hike a bit, the turned up pretty much nothing so we headed back to the truck. But Minnie-me stopped to plant a cast in behind a rock and what do you know, nice chrome Spring on. Get get's it to shore after a nice battle and it has a brassy tint to it.... hmmmm one of those rare reds? We'll never really know, as he decided to let it go. So we hop in the truck and head up river some more. Found a nice spot that isn't to busy, after messing around in there for a while and Minnie-me landing another Spring we start seeing s good amount of Coho moving through. By good amount I mean like 15 or so showing themselves. I was thinking about a blade, but I didn't have any.... you know what, great minds think a like cause Minnie me said, " Hey, why don't you throw on a Blade?" I said, cause I ain't gots none.... So he tossed over a blade, a nice fancy one and on it went. 10 min or so later, this happened.

It's perty.

After that, a another Spring for Minnie me and it was time to go.
So thanks to Minnie me for the blade. ;D ;D

·
Registered
290 Posts
lol! @ minnie

nice fish btw, i still have yet to hook my first coho in vedder. i have witness couple ho's bonked today and saw several swimming, if your asking me why i didn't get any......i just couldn't fish that spot, wayyyyyy too many god damn log and pile of broken branches and it was too high to even C&R properly.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
minnie-me said:
Was a good day indeed, some of those hogs put up a pretty fierce battle..BTW, dont think for a second I didn't notice you neglected to give me my blade back. :naughty:
LOL.... I'll be sure to put it to good use tomorrow.... I totally forgot about that, sorry man. ;D >:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I want to hit up the vedder tomorow with my fly rod. I am just getting over ankle surgery so I havent been able and can't hike the river. Does anyone have a suggestion of a fly fishing friendly place I can go with minimal walking? A 5 min walk is ok, but no further!!! I have some ideas from last year, but i know the river changes every year....
Thanks! :beerchug:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cause there was nothing to report!! That was the only fish I hooked all day. ::) :eek:

But Flyguy got a Coho, Spring and Chum. Searun lost what looked to be a Coho just as Flyguy was landing his, then nothin. This was all really early first light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.