BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out both afternoons and explored a few spots below the Tamihi bridge down towards the Railway bridge. The fish are coming in; hooked into one coho, a couple of springs and landed a chrome spring jack which is on the barbecue. Still quite slow but seems like every day more springs are coming in. Also saw one hatchery coho on the beach yesterday, caught just after noon in a shady spot. May try again today later in the afternoon; doing chores this morning.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was @ the vedder yesterday, and it was packed full of both people and springs. I witnessed several fish over 20 lbs and my partner took one that bottomed out his scale @ 35. Lots of springs, I didn't see any coho, but have heard first light with the roe is working.

Jon

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you want to fish a spot all year round and have an oppertunity to fish for every kind of salmon you need to go to Tamihi Area. No secrets just start anywhere above or below and just continue up or down into every kind of river your looking to fish. Don't use spoons for steelhead,I find you snag up alot.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Don't use spoons for steelhead,I find you snag up alot.
Then you're not fishing them properly because spoons work well for steelhead. I caught my biggest steelhead, a twenty one pounder on the Thompson December 31st, 2006 on Blue Gibbs Ironhead.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't mean not using them on steelhead, I meant using up and around Tamihi in the boulders and rocks where you can get snagged up easily. Plus honestly I haven't fished alot of steelhead.One reason is that just didn't get time lately with my family growing and that I'm actually really experimentinng with alot of things like, using a fly rod, finding out the right baits and fishing technics on fishing for these wild Steelhead. I love them and wish one day to catch one to experience the feeling of a powerful fish for its size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts