BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying out the lower sections of the Vedder, and getting skunked, along with big crowds, I finally hit the Upper Chilliwack, on a tip. I fished the pool above the Allison pools, but I don't know the name. There were only about 3-4 guys all day. I was there from 12:00-6:30 pm.

Although I was skunked, I did have a few hook-ups, but too quick. Oh, almost forgot, haha, I did get a small trout on my coho fly. :thumbup: After trying the fly for several hours, I caved in and tried out my centerpin and 10-6 drift rod. I witnessed several springs being caught and landed. I never did see any chum or coho.

I met some cool dudes on the river and they were all very ethical in their angling. :thumbup: They all had some good tips too! I saw one dude that foul hooked a spring twice, and he released them unharmed. So that was good to see. I think if he wasn't bottom-bouncing, he wouldn't have foul-hooked at all. He wasn't using a bobber.

The leaders I saw that these guys were using were quite short, I was impressed.

Anyways, I took some shots of these fish. There's even a blood-bath shot. I know that's a hit for some, haha! :happy: Anyways, I tried uploading the images on here, but it's not working for me. I must be doing something wrong. When I figure it out, the pics will be on here! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
I think if he wasn't bottom-bouncing, he wouldn't have foul-hooked at all. He wasn't using a bobber.
I've seen a few fish foul hooked and flossed on the outside (and inside) of the mouth using a float set up. It all depends on the anglers intentions I suppose.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Big Green Machine said:
I think if he wasn't bottom-bouncing, he wouldn't have foul-hooked at all. He wasn't using a bobber.
I've seen a few fish foul hooked and flossed on the outside (and inside) of the mouth using a float set up. It all depends on the anglers intentions I suppose.
If someone is out to floss a fish, wether or not they are using a float definitely doesn't matter, oh, and I would definitely never call a flosser an angler!

Back to it though.....Bottom bouncing can be an effective way to fish, if done properly and is also known as a type of Drift fishing. But it is usually only used when the run is too deep to properly drift it with a float setup.

How did you like your centrepin augie? I don't think I have picked up a baitcaster since I started using one, other than Sturgie or Bar fishing or course.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Steelie Trav. I love my centerpin. I only use it for winter steelheading, but decided to bring it out for the salmon on Sunday. It was great! I tend to do short drifts with it, otherwise it takes forever on the retrieve, as the ratio is only 1:1. But it's still fun! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.