BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water levels are low and clear , Great conditions!

Of course a little more water would bring some more fish in but they are coming in still would rather have them stay in the river than rush in and have it over with quickly right. I did well Lower river river I hooked two springs about one about 15 another 18 pounder lost a coho under steel bridge area. People seem to be doing well with fly fishing on the canal I saw a guy land a nice coho 2 days ago there and you can see the odd group coming through looking down from the bridge into the channel. Roe seems to be working best for all the milkier the better and thin leaders 6-8 pound test :thumbup: Fish on tight lines guys :cheers:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Glad to hear the canal is finally low enough to get out there. guess i will have to take the fly out. GTXR i would imagine they were using wet flies. I dont know many places in the lower mainland where you can get salmon to raise to a dry fly :confused:

I would take the usual coho flies with you and some big heavy ones to get down to the springs (if you wanna fight one)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Water level is low, however, it's anything but clear. Sometime Monday evening/overnight a clay bank gave way around the ranger run. On Tuesday the visibility was less than a foot. I had my hand some 7-8 inches below water and could hardly see it. Went up and down the river and didn't see or hear of anything being caught, although I'm sure a few were caught but I'm also sure not many. Today, the visibility seemed much the same, maybe slightly better. The only thing I saw was fresh blood and guts on the shore at the cement slab and just above the clay bank collapse. I guess by the weekend things will clear up but keep in mind that in almost two days and two nights it did not improve much at all.

The first spot I fished today, there were two guys fishing roe and me fishing roe and throwing a spoon later. Despite the fact that springs were jumping in this pool all morning long, none of got a bite, so I don't know if this was due to terrible visibility or something else.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just got back.... River looked as bad or maybe even worse than yesterday (to me anyways). I would say that the bridge had 4-6 inches vis at most. Water is really low. Apparentally the slide was the size of Fred's tackle (the whole store) so that gives you an idea about how much clay is in the river right now. Maybe I just hit a bad time after school and another slide happened but it was far from clear. I thought it would have at least 1-2 feet visi today but I was way off. Hopefully it has at least 3-4 feet visi by weekend.

By the way, didnt see any fish and didnt hear of any fish :wallbash: We gave up after about an hour because it just seemed pointless with clarity :'(

·
Registered
517 Posts
Every Day said:
Just got back.... River looked as bad or maybe even worse than yesterday (to me anyways). I would say that the bridge had 4-6 inches vis at most. Water is really low. Apparentally the slide was the size of Fred's tackle (the whole store) so that gives you an idea about how much clay is in the river right now. Maybe I just hit a bad time after school and another slide happened but it was far from clear. I thought it would have at least 1-2 feet visi today but I was way off. Hopefully it has at least 3-4 feet visi by weekend.

By the way, didnt see any fish and didnt hear of any fish :wallbash: We gave up after about an hour because it just seemed pointless with clarity :'(
I knew you were going to check and post it here ;) thanks a lot ED.

G

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was out there for most of the day and the visibility was not good. Maybe around a foot. I fished upper river and it was not clear till close to the limit hole. Seen a Mercedes parked there but that was it. A buddy and I tried out luck but not much happening. I had a small fish on and close to shore, looked like a 16" rainbow or dolly as it spit the hook and took off. Stopped by the canal at around 2pm and was dirty. Seen 3 guy's fishing just down from KW bridge. Maybe this weekend....

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why did I say it was clear well because I went 2 days ago and said what I saw fish moving in clear water pefect conditions I was catching so was others ,, Relax .. , I did not hear of A claybank giving way so No need to be attacking me alright :pissed: . Damn When I go down Am I going to be having fistfights at the riverbank,lol, Hope not I was trying to be helpful to all.. Sorry If I wasted anyones time ...natural events do occur Crappy to hear I will go down tomorrow and have a look...........................

·
Registered
517 Posts
surreyguy said:
Why did I say it was clear well because I went 2 days ago and said what I saw fish moving in clear water pefect conditions I was catching so was others ,, Relax .. , I did not hear of A claybank giving way so No need to be attacking me alright :pissed: . **** When I go down Am I going to be having fistfights at the riverbank,lol, Hope not I was trying to be helpful to all.. Sorry If I wasted anyones time ...natural events do occur Crappy to hear I will go down tomorrow and have a look...........................
take pictures next time surreyguy ;)

G

·
Registered
200 Posts
I fished the vedder yesterday evenining and it is starting to come back into shape there was about a foot and a half of visibility and the water was that great steely green colour. should be very fishable by today and the fish wont be spooky :thumbup:
cheers and good luck out there
swiftwater

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.