BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having taken advice from earlier post "where to go..." just returned from China Creek. Fishing seemed to be slow but did manage to get blood on the boat. Two wild coho and a 35 pound spring. Had perfect trip, good weather, sun, no fog, little wind, no bears. Worst part of trip paying for ferry, ouch x 2. Oh well, will do it again.

· Registered
14 Posts
G'Day No Work. I saw you walking from the cleaning table with your Chinook. Nice fish. I was working on my running lights. I will file a report in a day or two of my experiences fishing in the area. I agree, the ferry prices are extremely high! I truly do not understand the rationale. My round trip cost was $344 for a 20' boat and truck and just me. Gas was a bit of a shock as well. I ended up fueling in Bamfield for $1.55 a liter! By the way, according to the park manager, Bruce, there were many very experienced fishers who were skunked. So I say you did very well! Cheers, Gary

· Registered
509 Posts
Hey Nowork,

I was one of those guys saying China Creek was a good spot, but like fishing , sometimes things change and China Creek was the worst it has been for 20 years .... sorry.

At least you got some fish , I was there 4 days and lost one to a seal.

Most of my fishing buddies went out the Bamfield and diplock and rainybay to catch fish but I was so determined and stubborn to prove that the canal was the place to be (based on 20yrs of past experience) that I lost focus on the reason for being there :wallbash:

I have learnt another valuable lesson, GOT TO MOVE WHEN THE FISH ARE NOT HITTING , NO MATTER WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN PAST YEARS !

I don't know if you noticed on your fishfinder but lots of fish in the Canal but they were not hitting anything , no one knows why , even the locals were really surprised when the commercial fleets went out and took 10,500 fish in less than 2 days. The commercial fleet did not take all the fish they just weren't hitting for some reason. Son say the fish were to interested in hitting the rivers (but isn't this the case for them every year).

I don't know what happened but so be it ..... don't give up on the Canal but try to make your next trip around Aug 20th and get ready to maybe hit the outside. I will be planning my next trip to Bamfield / Uke area and maybe just one day in the Canal if its not happening.

Cape R

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need to say sorry CR, you advised us to the location of a good camp site and area to fish, we had a great time and will be going again next year. I do have to say though the fish were a good bonus. I did phone a cousin that lives in bernie and he sent me to Pill point thats where the coho came from, spring from canal.

· Registered
509 Posts
Hey Nowork,

Great to hear you liked the area and did get a few fish out of it :thumbup:

I was not impressed with this year but hey I have already kissed and made up and looking forward to my trip next year , yes next year :happy:

I am thinking maybe a short tip around August 20 at china creek and then a longer one in Bamfield or Uke .

If your up there give me a shout on the VHF (My boat name Sirvivor) or ask Bruce if I am checked in and I'll give you a report on the areas

Have a safe winter and maybe see you next summer

Cape R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.