BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing a fishing rod that will not break on me for couple years.
Any suggestions? This is my first time ever buying a fishing rod. So I do not know anything about
picking the fishing rod.
By the way, I'm going to fish at the ELK Lake. I will be trying to catch some Trouts.
I do not want to spend no more than 100 dollars on the fishing rod.
Any input would be appriciated.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
best thing to do would be to head down to island outfitters and have a look at their selection. my buddy picked up a mitchell ( me thinks) 7' light action spinning rod that he is more than happy with. pretty sure it was under $100 too

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
shimanio TDR Series has a good line of casting rods! i use them lots and the action of the rod is great! but thats just my opinion!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rods

I've had 2 that have lasted. The first was an Ugly Stick, it was about 15 years + before it broke. And it didn't break on a fish either...my aunt broke it mistaking it for my uncles rod in an argument....it took her 10 minutes to break it twice.

The second is my Abu Garcia Workhorse Rod. I bought this one after the Ugly Stick. Its going on 10 years now, and hasn't let me down once. its a medium heavy, 6'6" rod. its caught some small Coho (18lb) and always just gets tossed in the back of the truck. Incredibly tough rod.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i find the ugly stick for casting is to flimsy kinda noodle like! medium action is the way to go for casting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts