BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am goin the kitimat area and i am just wondering how I can catch some chums in the ocean. I will be there July 11th to the 20th. I have caught many in rivers but my mom got mad at me when i brought one home for dinner. She said it wasn't edible so we used it for crab bait. Anyways I was wondering if there is any certain method you use to catch these fish in the chuck.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Chum are really easy to catch up in the Channel prior to the fish heading up the Kitimat River, although they are not targeted very much by local fishers. You will need a boat and a downrigger There are plenty of them in the river in a few weeks and if you fish somewhere between the hatchery and the ocean, you will catch some really chrome chums. They really slam green/chartreause/white combos, so try a green cheeter with mylar blades and some wool on a 1/0 barbless . Pencil lead works good. Two foot leader. I would use a 20lb. mainline and 15 lb. leader there as some of these fish will push the 25-30lb. range.........good luck......Ortho 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts