BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Good question, I am not sure what type of enumeration DFO does up there. I have not heard of any estimates either.

The news is even worse considering many of the reds from this year will have been damaged with the recent rain on snow event blow out.

Mark 4 years from now down as another year when it will not be worth chum fishing on the Squish :'(

· Registered
2,348 Posts
The concern on the squish this year was the poor chum return and that is also the topic of this thread.

The strong return of spring jacks this year hopefully means we will have a large run of mature springs coming next year to a river near you.

Lets hope it all works out OK :)

· Registered
225 Posts
Supersilex said:
I went twice this year and zilcho.nada.not even a nibbleor snag. Disappointing to say the least.
went twice. 1 x = nada, second time was rediculous. total # of fish landed between 4 guys over 7hrs was close to 50 fish. no word of a lie.

· Registered
844 Posts
i believe hotrod meant chum jacks. there was another topic in the forum about this (read it, it is very interesting info). apparently when catching a smaller chum it is usually a jack. i was up and down about how the numbers were this year, but by the end of the season i was convinced for sure that the number were poor. spots had alot of fish in them but that is what the whole system usually looks like. when they are in in normal numbers you dont have to go in search of them. i believe nature will find a way as well. it may take a cycle though.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
dereke said:
i believe hotrod meant chum jacks. there was another topic in the forum about this (read it, it is very interesting info). apparently when catching a smaller chum it is usually a jack. i was up and down about how the numbers were this year, but by the end of the season i was convinced for sure that the number were poor. spots had alot of fish in them but that is what the whole system usually looks like. when they are in in normal numbers you dont have to go in search of them. i believe nature will find a way as well. it may take a cycle though.

Bingo! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.