BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the Alouette today for a little while. Had my 8 wt and 5 year old son with me.....was hoping to see a nice coho, but alas the only contact I had was with a number of Chum. On the plus side, other than a pink, that is the largest fish I have ever caught on that rod, and it was a good learning experience :thumbup:. Had 4 on in total that either spat the hook, or broke off before getting them to shore for a proper release. My son had a great time as my cheering section, till the rain finally made him cold enough that he needed to head in. Maybe try the Stave next week.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sounds like fun Ditto! I'm glad that you and your son had some quality time. I remember taking my son when he was just a few months old. I'd have him sitting in the carrier, on the bank behind me, as I was chucking flies for trout and summer runs! Good times! :peace:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...it is great taking him out...but at this point they are pretty short trips....he gets tired, cold, or bored (and when he is bored, he wants to throw rocks into the river, which isn't helpful). As someone told me, "take it slow, they will love it or not, and you may have grown your own fishing buddy". He had cast his line in a couple of times...I would have loved to see the look on his face if he had caught a fish.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good on ya. Short trips are just right for those guys. Took the nefew to the stave a few months back and was good until he hook his little finger. My boy is only 8 days so I have to wait a coupl more days until he can come out. Good luck on the stave

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Eight days pufffft!!! ::) Put a hardy in his hands and get him spinning. By the time he's old enough
that thing will be like butter.......Smoooooooth. ;D

:beerchug: Marko

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.