BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If been checking the test net at Albion and so far they have almost 1400 chum recorded ! Oct 4th 240 fish were netted! I havent seen any jumping from Delta to Chilliwack in the past two weeks and havent hooked into any up in the fraser or harrison. Where are they hiding?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I think that extreme low water levels has alot of fish late all over the province.Everything is as low as it has ever been.The Fraser is the main highway for alot of areas for that are waiting for salmon to show up.What I'm concerned about is that when the rains do come we'll have flood conditions everywhere.We need rain bad and unfortunately lots of it!

Hotrod

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was riding the skytrain about a week ago and while crossing the Fraser saw about a dozen or so Chum break surface, so they are arriving.

·
Registered
555 Posts
They are all going to the stave, tell them to go somewhere else its getting crowded :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Took my daughter out for the first time yesterday and to avoid crowds so she could learn to cast, I took her up to PegLeg and it's large expanse.

We got there 7:00am and were the only people there, with the exception of a fellow tenting up river. What a change from the Sockeye gong show!! Without all the people, Pegleg is a very scenic spot.

Fished the lower bar for a while and didn't see many fish, but then went up river quite a ways (around the bend where the water slows and deepens). Lots of Chum jumping, rolling etc. Loaned my daughter my hip waders and out into the very slow moving water she went. The Chum were all around her. One jumped about 10 feet from her and scared the heck out of her.

She was float fishing. I was setting her line up, and throughout our day, put on wool of different colours, spinners, single Jensen eggs. But no bites - not that she could feel anyways.

I was tossing lures, but due to no waders and low water conditions, I couldn't really get out to where the fish were , so nada for me as well.

There were 4 fellows from Scotland tossing Spey rods and only one managed to hook up with a Chum, although it got off.

So, Chum are there, but good luck landing one. Oh, and I didn't see one single Chrome Chum the whole morning...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Chums are in thick, but they are a little less grabby than under normal flows,temps and clarity.
Use jigs under a float, tip with prawn(check for bait ban, Fraser is still under a ban).
I suggest purple jigs and ones with real hooks , not bass hooks :roll: .
I have jigs for sale at a number of tackle stores or you can email me direct at [email protected] .
With the first big rains I think it will be salmon central around the valley.
Be interested to hear how anglers around the Fraser mouth are doing, seems the harrison whites are only trickling in, I bet those boys are having some fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive scene tons! of chum in the vedder soo far. Saw about a school of 40 move up past me with a few coho mixed in. But the coho were very tight-lipped :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out where they are on monday! Spent Sunday night at Peg and fished at the top of Peg first light Monday. No takers. Then went downstream to Harrison bar directly across from calamity. Lots of Chum and 1 Spring. Then went above the Hwy 7 bridge to the chute, and the chum were thick! Could not hook up with any coho, saw some but the water is gin clear, and the sun was beaming! I have heard reports that lots of coho are schooling further up the Harrison by the grave yard and the Reserve, but are tight lipped and dark. They have been there for a month and have no where to go! I think it is too late now for any serious coho action to happen even if we get rain! Hope I am wrong

·
Registered
901 Posts
There are lots of cohos still out in the ocean
they are just waiting for the rains :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts