BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the crap that has gone on in the last few days I have got to say that the classiest thing that I have ever expierienced here at BCFR just happened.

Ralfish took the time to give me a call and had very civil discussions about our fishing habits. I got to say that this takes courage and a hell of a lot of class to reach and touch base with fellow members in this manner.We discussed each others points and came to some great conclusion about each others charactor and integrity.

So ralfish.....................here's to you man! :cheers:
You're all class!

Hotrod

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, this speaks legions of what kind of man you are Hotrod. It took a decent, courageous, strong man, to pick the phone up. (edit to ad: I'm assuming you have call display)

There was a better way of dealing with this, which I should have done in the first place.

I offer my thanks for the opportunity to hear your side; your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Back at you, :cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is awesome to see.

I often makes posts or send notes to the mods about they way people treat each other on this forum (not exclusive to this forum by any means). I find that people can be judging , assumptive, rude, inappropriate in their communications. We all make mistakes or choose words that lead to misinterpretation, I am referring to those who seem to be consistent in the manner of their communications. My true frustration is how it is tolerated. I must say that for the most part that phase passed by BCFR and Rick and his crew are doing a great job which is a direct result of their hard work.

It must be very hard trying to determine each author's intent and deciding if that intent is what is desired on this forum. At times I know (and some I probably don't know) I have frustrated the mod's. One in particular...judging by the pm I received.

This is exactly what people need to do, have open dialog where the goal is to understand the other person as opposed to focusing on them understanding you.

You guys have made my week! This is better than a steelhead on the fly...in my opinion.

Rick made my day with his retraction and repost in the C&R thread yesterday and now this.

Way to model the ultimate in behavior in communication and respectful relationships.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Amen, fishing brothers and sisters. :DThanks, also to our hard working moderators who have to go through all the hoops to try and reach amicable settlements in the past, present and no doubt, in the future....C ya'll on the rivers & ponds........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
When I first saw this thread, I thought..."oh-oh". Opening it and reading it however was a very nice surprise. :thumbup: Way to go for actually taking the time and effort to call each other and sort out these issues in person! Instead of drifting further apart in a cesspool of bad feelings, you two found out that the other guy is a pretty good person after all! Instead of making enemies, you each may have made a friend. That's awesome...and I'm glad that such a wonderful outcome was the result of that thread.

Ralfish and Hotrod, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well done guys! Just goes to confirm my belief that most of us on here are decent guys with the same values and beliefs and that we share more in common than not. Sometimes it's very easy to misinterpret a post because of the lack of nuances when writing. But it's great to see that people take the time to work it out in other ways rather than taking potshots in a public forum. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.