BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a fairly large assortment of spoons and spinners for both fresh and salt water and many of them could use a good polishing. I am curious as to what the best cleaner or polisher you have found for doing this. I have tried a couple of brands over the years but have found many of them to be to abrasive, and caused more damage than the tarnish that was there.

Thanks

Centerpin

· Registered
415 Posts
Between my dad and I, we have only used Brasso for about 40+ years collectively. It works very well and as far as we can tell, has absolutely no negative effect on lure fishability. As dad would say.."Been using that stuff since Moses was a pup".

· Registered
415 Posts
My dad is a real fanatic when it comes to polishing. Even in the boat, he sits there and polishes and polishes and polishes... and just when its so shiny, I need to wear sunglasses, he gets out the cloth and polishes and polishes some more. For me, I always keep a few hidden away from his polishing ways :naughty: Caught more than a few on a brass blade so tarnished, anyone with half a brain would have thrown it away a long time ago. There are times when fish shy away from a bright lure (did I ever tell you that black is one of my favourite coho blade colours?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.