BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a clear sink line, maybe sink tip for stalking spooky coho, will use it on a single handed 6 wt rod...anyone have any experience with good lines to recommend...or ones to stay away from?

Anyone used Royal Wulff's Predator Clear Sinking-Tip Fly Line?

·
Registered
57 Posts
cortland clear camo isn't actually clear but its a good coho line for the lowermainland, or Rio aqualux lake line, it has a clear head, with a light blue running line.

I use a Rio outbound on my 6 weight, it has a clear head, shoots great.

Jon

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have the Cortland clear camo line and do not like it because of the memory. It is a 6wt line. don,t know what to recommend but just thought i would put in my opinion

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks stsfisher and popper...I used to own a clear line but gave up on it cause it had too much line memory when fishing in cold weather conditions. I recently bought a Rio Outbound Short sinking line with a clear head, it seems to be more supple than the last clear line I fished, but I suspect I won't know how well it stands up to the cold for another month or so, air and water temps are still quite warm at the moment...but I'm hopeful clear line technology has advanced over the years.

I use the Outbound line on my fancy new switch rod...but looking for a line for my single hander...a line that will cast less aggressively to offer a more stealthy presentation to fish staging in clear water.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would try the Rio aqualux lake line. I used that prior to my Outbound line, and only switched because I needed a little more of an aggressive line. If distance isn't an issue and your looking for presentation, Aqualux lake line. If you go to any reputable shop, they will let you test cast one forsure, pick one that suits you =)

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts