BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
I need to replace my cleats. I originally bought my Korkers back in '92, the lace up kind. Since then, I have replaced the tips twice and riveted aluminum C channel bars to the bottom. With many years of faithful use, the loops that the laces are in are getting worn to the point of breaking.
The question is:
I have size 14 Simms G3 boots, What type of cleat would work best for my application?
:beerchug:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Sorry finseeker...didn't see this one for some reason...

I use the generic version of the Dan Bailey Stream cleats and they work great...they slip right over the boot and I just cinch them down with the drawstring...the gravel guards clip down and voila...!

I've heard good things about the korkers as well...let us know how you like them...

:cheers:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ribwart said:
Sorry finseeker...didn't see this one for some reason...

I use the generic version of the Dan Bailey Stream cleats and they work great...they slip right over the boot and I just cinch them down with the drawstring...the gravel guards clip down and voila...!

I've heard good things about the korkers as well...let us know how you like them...

:cheers:
Well, I just got them in the mail and my worst fear came true. I ordered the size XL and my boots are too big! :'(
I hope the Dan Bailey's will fit me ???
Thanks Rib and Rick for your suggestions :beerchug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will fit over my old boots. They advertise up to a size 15 for the XL. My size 14 simms are too big for them. I have to say that these boots are big and heavy but my feet have never felt as good in anything as they do in these boots! :thumbup:
The Korker is heavy too. The buckle system works well but hasn't been field tested yet.
The studs are screwed in with a 8mm nut head. Replacing them is easy enuff. I'll loc-tite them before the first use.

Looking forward to testing them in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.