BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloudveil has long been known for their outstanding outdoor gear and are relatively new to the fishing industry.

I bought a pair of 8x waders last year, wore them maybe 6 times and the seam in the heel started leaking badly. I took them back where I bought them and the shop contacted Cloudveil. After about 2 weeks of waiting for Cloudveil to warranty them thru the shop, I called Cloudveil direct and asked why the delay. Cloudveil told me that they didn't have any replacements in stock to warranty them and didn't expect any for a couple of months. I called around to MANY different retailers and no one had any replacements. If I chose to send them in for repair it was going to take 3-4 months to get them back.

To make a long story short, I got more than frustrated and demanded an exchange for some Simms G3's and I honestly couldn't be happier now. I did like how the 8x's fit however, but Cloudveils customer service seriously SUCKS!

I have since had warranty issues with a Cloudveil coat that I have been trying to get taken care of. Cloudveil hasn't supplied an XL Fleece to me for the defective zippered fleece I have had for several months.

The word thru the industry, from several shops, when Cloudveil first came out as a fishing supply vendor, their customer service was top notch so that they could compete against Simms. Simms had earned such a large industry ego their customer service was lacking. Cloudveil stepped up in the beginning, thereby giving competition to Simms. Since Cloudveil came into the picture, Simms has done an outstanding about face with their products and services and stepped it up better than before.

That being said, I would NEVER buy another Cloudveil product and if it was given to me I'd sell it.

Take it for what it's worth, this is merely my opinion, but ask around and I am sure you will find others that have had similar experiences.

Good luck

·
Registered
901 Posts
My old man has the 8x, so far no problem, they have been great waders. I sure hope nothing goes wrong with them if thats what he can expect to deal with. Ive heard bad experiences with most fishing companies including simms, patagonia and especially BARE.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is great that he has not encountered any problems with them to this point. They are very nice and I was disappointed at the direction my situation unfolded.

As soon as I tried the 8x's on and walked around in them, squatted, etc...I was VERY happy. They were very comfortable and I liked how they moved and functioned. After they leaked and they couldn't be repaired or replaced I was very disappointed because the 8x's had fit so much better than my G3's. The 8x's sizing was more favorable for me and my larger foot. So the length, girth and foot size was perfect for my needs. Unfortunately, Cloudveil couldn't rectify their product defect to keep me in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.