BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloudveil wading boots

Does anyone own them, and how are they. Bought a pair in September have not used them that much (couple dozen times) and they are falling apart all the seams are coming apart and that tensioning strap that is tied into the lace system that goes around your heels is fraying bigtime. My old cheap Hodgemens were way better and half the price. I have to go back to my tackle shop and see if they will warrenty them. The box that I still have says that it is covered from bad workmanship to defective material. Although I have heard some stories about warrenty problems with cloudveil.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Re: Cloudveil wading boots

Toughest and most comfortable boots I've owned are a pair of Cabelas Master Guides. Bought them years and years ago...and even after seasons of tough fishing, they still look almost good as new. I can't destroy these things. And at $69 USD, I don't know why I don't see them around more than the other brands. I've only had to replace the felts once and the shoelaces twice in all the years I've owned them. A good friend of mine turned me on to these, and he fishes a heck of a lot more than I do. He can't destroy them either...and he has a brand new pair on order just as a "spare". ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sounds pretty good Stone I might have to give them a try and at that price you can't go wrong might have to get my brother to send up a pair as he is down south.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

Hi Knuckles:

I definitely have no regrets and would buy another one in a heartbeat if I somehow manage to find a way to wear these ones out. I've bought lots of stuff relating to fishing and shooting through Cabelas, and have found them very easy to deal with. Of course I would rather support local businesses, but some items you just can't get up here...like these boots.

In order to avoid the ridiculous brokerage fees of UPS and the other courier companies, I use the Package Express in Sumas. Sign up is free, and the fees are very reasonable...around $3 USD per package. The depot is so close to the Sumas border, that if there is a long lineup, I just park my car on the Canadian side and walk across the border one block to the depot. Walk back and pay any GST/PST due and I'm often back in my car in less than a half hour. Their website is www.packageexpress.com It's great if you want to order stuff from the US and don't want to have to wait for relatives. They even have a local (604) telephone number so you can call them and check on your shipment without having to pay long distance! You can't beat that!

Good luck!

·
Registered
840 Posts

I bought a pair of the cloudviel boots and have no complaints, yet.

I have about 15 trips on them to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts