BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on launching the boat this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck around the tsawwassen coal ports or out towards sandheads? The crabbing is always great here but I have had little luck in the past with salmon.
I am running two scotty elect riggers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i was out a week ago in front of coal port and had nothing.last year this time i did very well for springs in the evening tide.green and white coyote on the bottom was best....good luck...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was out a week ago in front of coal port and had nothing.last year this time i did very well for springs in the evening tide.green and white coyote on the bottom was best....good luck...
Went out and fished frome 8 am until 3 pm nothing to show for it. Sunday was rough out there nobody else out but the commercial crabbers. Tried herring and green/white spoons. fish were showing up on the finder at about 40-60 feet. A couple of fish were jumping beside the boat. Mocking us I think!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The only luck I ever have out there is off Lily Point at Point Roberts. Buzz bombs in tight to the beach for Coho. You'll need a US Licence though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yep, there are some decent numbers of springs out there. I know 2 boats who were out there on August 3 and had more than 3 hookups per boat. Likewise the same folks on August 4. Fish are ranging from small 12 lbers to the very common 21-23 lbers and much bigger----line burners taking 100 yard runs and then stopping and taking another 100 yard run. Get out an' fish!!!

See you out there tomorrow night and ALL weekend! :):):):):):)

·
Registered
31 Posts
sand heads

Going to fish sand heads, mouth of the fraser tommorow. Has anyone launched in ladner. I see there is two boat launches. which one is recommended. i usually launch from mcdonald beach. I had good sucsess last august at this time.( only if the water was calm).

thanks mike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Wellington Point ramp is generally better to launch from than Captain's Cove. There is lots of parking available for your truck and trailer. Neither ramp is very good on a low tide

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would second the Wellington launch foor a first choice. Done it many times. Captain's Cove is a great launch if you want to come back for a beer and a burger though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts